Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008   #1
Becky Ryan
Oversees:Party Queen

Becky Ryan is a name known to allBecky Ryan is a name known to allBecky Ryan is a name known to allBecky Ryan is a name known to allBecky Ryan is a name known to allBecky Ryan is a name known to all
Cool SES New York City 2008 - Parties and Events

*OFFICIAL* SES New York City Party & Events Schedule

YAAAAYY! It is official!! I am the happy new "Party & Events Moderator" of SES!!!

I would like to take the moment (sniff) and thank my family who loved and supported me from the beginning. My company Trellian, with the best the keyword researching tool*shameless plug*. Finally my fabulous friends who keep me updated about all these events, which I will share with you.

KUDOS, HUGS, POKES and MANY THANKS to Matt McGowan, Kevin Ryan, Frank Watson, and Kevin Newcomb, !!!

****Don't be left in the dark, bookmark this page! I will proudly be updating the Search Engine Strategies Party & Events regularly!*****

**If you have an event, please contact me. Webmoxy[at]Gmail.com

MONDAY - MARCH 17, 2008

SES Sponsors, Exhibitors, and Moderators Party

*Open to SES Sponsors, Exhibitors, and Moderators*
Hosted by SES. On behalf of the SES Team Sponsors, Exhibitors and Monderators are cordially invited to a kick off St Patty’s Day and SES New York properly! In this light, they will be hosting a drinks reception in the Mercury Ballroom (3rd Floor of the Hilton NY) on Monday March 17th from 4:30 – 5:30PM.

Who: All SES New York Sponsors, Exhibitors, Speakers and company representatives
Where: Mercury Ballroom, 3rd Floor of the Hilton New York
Why: To say Welcome and Thank you
When: 4:30– 5:30 PM Monday, March 17th *please wear your SES Booth Staff badge for admittance

SEMPO
*Open to Everyone!*
Open bar for everyone to come meet other SEMPO members and to learn about largest organization of Search Marketers. Attendees are invited to learn how they can get involved with the various SEMPO committees.
5:30 - 6:30 PM
Place: Trianon Rendezvous Room

SES/St. Patty’s Day PUB CRAWL!!!
What do you do when you come to SES on St. Patty’s Day????
PUB CRAWL!!
*OPEN TO EVERYONE*
We are in the early stages and we NEED Ideas and Suggestions!!! Should it be Old Castle, Pig and Whistle, Time Square???
With numerous Pubs and close restaurants, start suggesting (commenting) we need an SES/Pub-aficionado and Fionn, won hands down

Fionn not only had a team of people scout NYC but help get a deal to make the map! Thank you again, Fionn!!

7PM-??
Places http://www.searchenginestrategies.co...bcrawl_map.jpg

SMG Search Party

*Invite Only*
Cocktail party hosted by SMG Search! Network with SMG Search - the largest operation inside of Publicis Groupe.
Early Evening
Places TBA

TUESDAY - MARCH 18, 2008

Private Party
Late Evening

Industry Brains Soiree booth #158
*Invite Only*
Venue: IndustryBrains is having an "Invite Only" soiree to network with their team. They will have cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at an elegant martini bar, Cibar Lounge in historic Gramercy Park.
6:30 - 9:30 PM
Place: Cibar Lounge
(www.cibarlounge.com)
RSVP: Ben Pemstein: bpemstein [a] industrybrains.com

The 3rd IMNY Charity Party
*OPEN TO EVERYONE!!!*
Sponsored by BOTW(http://botw.org/)
The charity event details and voting page: http://botw.org/helpcenter/sesny08_charity.aspx
VENUE: $40 Donation to Charity. This is the 3rd year and IMNY Charity benefits one worthy charity. This is a wonderful experience and an SES tradition! Come network with other SES attendees who care and want to give back.

ATTENTION: Your vote counts! IMNY and their sponsor BOTW are allowing us to vote on our preferred charity. This is will be difficult. The charities are all amazing and will benefit so many peoples lives. Each advocater/spokesperson are directly affected or active participants in these fine charities.
VOTE: http://botw.org/helpcenter/sesny08_charity.aspx

CHARITIES:
HMBANA Milk Banks,

Camp Interactive,

Leukemia and Lymphoma Society,

National Association for Colitis and Crohn's Disease.

OPEN BAR
8:00 pm to Midnight
PLACE: Black Finn NY
218 East 53rd Street

WEDNESDAY - MARCH 19, 2008

WebmasterRadio.FM / SEARCHBASH The premier evening event for Search Engine Strategies New York! This event promises to be off the hook, Rock Star Style!

OPEN TO EVERYONE!!!

Venue: Awesome location, open bar, food, music, and first-class networking and a great time!

SEARCHBASH 2008 at SES New York

What: SearchBash

Where: Spotlight Live in Times Square

When: Wednesday, March 19th - 8pm

RSVP: SearchBash

Be a Rockstar and join WebmasterRadio.FM for SearchBash at Spotlight Live in Times Square! This event is open to all SES New York attendees and features an open bar and complimentary food from 8pm - 10pm.

Recently featured on MTV, New York Magazine, and the infamous Page Six - Spotlight Live is one of New York City's most electrifying venues. Get on stage and perform with live backup singers while your friends and business associates rank your performance on their own personal touch screens.

This is THE event at Search Engine Strategies you simply can not miss.

To ensure you get in the door, stop by one of our awesome sponsor booths.

Bruce Clay, Inc
Cranberry
ABCsearch
Lyris
WebmasterRadio.FM

THURSDAY - MARCH 20, 2008

Nothing yet!

Now rumors have been flowing about another charity auction, some luncheons are still being created and waiting on Google and Yahoo to announce their plans.

Looking forward to this years SES show and seeing everyone there!!! If I have left any party event off, please email me the information and I will gladly add it to the schedule.

Cheers,
Becky
webmoxy[at]gmail.com

Last edited by Becky Ryan : 03-15-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: edit search bash
Becky Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: SES New York City 2008

IMNY will be holding its charity event - date I will have by later today

also I know Vintage Tub is having there usual dinner
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #3
Kevin Heisler

Kevin Heisler will become famous soon enough
Re: SES New York City 2008 - Parties and Events

St Patricks Day Pub Crawl
Connolly's would be great if we can get a crowd in - there are three in midtown: connollyspubandrestaurant.com

121 W 45th St., b/w Sixth Ave & Broadway; 212-597-5126;
150 E 47th St., b/w Lexington & Third Ave; 212-692-9342
44 W 54th St., b/w Fifth & Sixth Ave; 212-489-0271
14 E 47th St., b/w Fifth & Madison Ave; 212-867-3767
Kevin Heisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #4
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of

Yeah, Connolly's is good. Make it one of the E 47th street locations and I can crawl home.

St. Pat's night can be brutal though, haven't been out on one in 10 or so years. Is body armor still needed?
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #5
lafmm
SearchEngineStrategies / SearchEngineWatch

lafmm has a spectacular aura aboutlafmm has a spectacular aura aboutlafmm has a spectacular aura about

No Body Armor needed! That said, it would be cool if we had Green Search Jerseys for everyone to wear...
lafmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #6
szetela

szetela is on a distinguished road

Bex - congrats on your annointment/appointment - an obvious and well-earned honour!
szetela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #7
lafmm

lafmm has a spectacular aura aboutlafmm has a spectacular aura aboutlafmm has a spectacular aura about

The St Paddy's Day Pub Crawl selctions have been made...see the map - meet in the Hilton Lobby @ 7PM! First stop is Cassidy's Bar at 7:30... than it's 45 minutes a bar from there on in!

1 - Cassidy’s Bar, 65 W. 55th Street
2 - Oldcastle Pub, 160 W 54th Street
3 - The Irish Pub, 839 7th Avenue
4 - McGee’s Bar Grill, 240 W 55th St
5 - Rumours, 933 8th Avenue
6 - Kennedys, 327 W. 57th Street
7 - The Hilton Hotel, 1335 Avenue of the Americas
Old 02-29-2008   #8
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

nice artistic post.... so how are we paing for the pub crawl... buy your own???
Old 02-29-2008   #9
jsavvy

jsavvy is on a distinguished road

didn't you get the memo? the crawl is sponsored by Aussie Webmaster
jsavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #10
AussieWebmaster

lol.... those are invitation only and can get a little black hat
Old 03-01-2008   #11
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of

Exactly how is this pub crawl going to work? A bunch of search folks just showing up at each place and moseying on in seems kind of unlikely on St. Pat's night.
Old 03-01-2008   #12
AussieWebmaster

you have never gone drinking with Matt they always make room for im at the bar
Old 03-01-2008   #13
jimbeetle

Okay, though think I'm still gonna' consider body armor.
Old 03-03-2008   #14
ackmnmn
martyw

ackmnmn is on a distinguished road

Yay, I'm looking forward to meeting those of you I have not met, and visiting with friends. See ya' at IMNY BOTW.

Marty (aimClear)
ackmnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #15
AussieWebmaster

It should be fun... they usually are
Old 03-03-2008   #16
ackmnmn
martyw

It's nice to be back here in these threads. The community has traditionally been very cool.
Old 03-03-2008   #17
Kevin Heisler

Kevin Heisler will become famous soon enough

The return of ackmnmn! How cool is that? Welcome back.
Kevin Heisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #18
ackmnmn
martyw

ackmnmn caused a lot of trouble here. Google panama geo-targeting and you'll discover my not-so subtle entrance into the world of social media.
Old 03-03-2008   #19
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough

Working on planing now to see if I can make SES NY this year - pub crawl looks fun - ah, The Old Castle...mmmmm.....I *think* I remember it...

Duane
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #20
lafmm

late reply i know that said Fionn and Becky have arranged for the pubs to expect us... its going to be a bit tricky yes but fun non-the-less!!