Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2008   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Google Talks About Its Future

Kevin Heisler covered last night's Advertising meeting at Google NYC HQ where the various products talked about where they were heading and how eachj was seen within the bigger Google picture.

They seem to all think the ideas and projects will all prosper... but then again that's their jobs.

Read the article here.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #2
cscgal
Queen of DaniWeb

cscgal is just really nicecscgal is just really nicecscgal is just really nicecscgal is just really nice
Re: Google Talks About Its Future

Soon we'll have every company in corporate America giving 20% time to its employees.
cscgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #3
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscgal View Post
Soon we'll have every company in corporate America giving 20% time to its employees.
I like the employer that gives their people IPod Touches....
Old 01-29-2008   #4
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of

Quote:
The big news of the night: Google expects to have an end-to-end digital advertising solution and platform for all forms of offline and online ad campaigns within five years
Wow, this is going to take a huge media and agency buy-in in order to be successful. If they build it, will people come?
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #5
AussieWebmaster

I want to see them get it off the ground
Old 01-29-2008   #6
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of

Have you ever taken a look at spotrunner.com? It's only cable (and not auction), but very easy to use. A buddy of mine, a very seasoned media buyer, uses it to buy time in a couple of bunches of secondary markets to save time.
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #7
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbeetle View Post
Have you ever taken a look at spotrunner.com? It's only cable (and not auction), but very easy to use. A buddy of mine, a very seasoned media buyer, uses it to buy time in a couple of bunches of secondary markets to save time.
sounds interesting... have to check it out
Old 01-30-2008   #8
cscgal
Queen of DaniWeb

cscgal is just really nicecscgal is just really nicecscgal is just really nicecscgal is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster View Post
I like the employer that gives their people IPod Touches....
:-P

For those of you who aren't aware of what I meant in my previous post, Google allows its employees 20% time, which basically means that for one day out of each work week, they can work on whatever projects they're personally interested in or that suit their fancy. Google AdWords, AdSense, and almost all of the other non-search related Google products came directly from employees' 20% time.
cscgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #9
AussieWebmaster

I would have come up with new company programs if someone gave me an IPod touch
Old 02-07-2008   #10
lovekissing
Thomas Wylde

lovekissing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster View Post
I would have come up with new company programs if someone gave me an IPod touch
LOLs, same here i'll be doing the same...
lovekissing is offline   Reply With Quote