Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2004   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
SEMPO Launches Members Only Forum

No official announcement yet, but I logged into my SEMPO account and found a link to the SEMPO Members Only Forum. They are using the same forum type as Jill's High Rankings Forum, I just love those smilies.

Anyway, its nice how it logs you in automatically from the SEMPO member site. Good work. Nothing really in the forums yet. Not sure what more I can say, because I know nothing else at the present time.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #2
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
Well, as IPB is effectively a free forum, at least no one can claim that they're wasting SEMPO money on that project.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #3
pleeker
www.SmallBusinessSEM.com

pleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the rough
I suppose it would probably be asking too much for Forum access to be given to folks who are on SEMPO committees yet are not paid / official SEMPO members, wouldn't it?

Or perhaps a separate section should be devoted to fostering committee communication, and that area only would be accessible to non-member committee folk.

Just thinking out loud.....
pleeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #4
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
pleeker, there are special rooms for each committee. So I assume committee members, paid member or not, will have access eventually.
Old 10-13-2004   #5
bethabernathy
Looking forward to Summer

bethabernathy has a spectacular aura aboutbethabernathy has a spectacular aura aboutbethabernathy has a spectacular aura about
I wasn't able to login from the link at Rustybrick's 1st post, but could get in from the home page.
bethabernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #6
pleeker
www.SmallBusinessSEM.com

pleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
pleeker, there are special rooms for each committee. So I assume committee members, paid member or not, will have access eventually.
Thanks rustybrick. "Eventually" seems to be a common word where SEMPO is concerned....
pleeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #7
rustybrick

Yes, you need to login from the Members Only site first. Pleeker, which committee are you in, if you have the committee leader's email, ask them.
Old 10-18-2004   #8
bethabernathy

bethabernathy has a spectacular aura aboutbethabernathy has a spectacular aura aboutbethabernathy has a spectacular aura about
Well ... I guess they don't work on the weekend over at their little forum. I posted a question and no answer. Of course, why start talking now?
Old 10-18-2004   #9
Mike Grehan

Mike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethabernathy
Well ... I guess they don't work on the weekend over at their little forum. I posted a question and no answer. Of course, why start talking now?
Yeah, it's a scary place over there Beth. Very big, with nobody in it. Just your little old question all on its own.

How long will it be before it gets answered?

Well, the words "breath" and "dont hold" spring to mind here
Mike Grehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #10
BlackRhino
MMM Guinness

BlackRhino is on a distinguished road
Interestingly Enough

I was just surfing the SEMPO site, hunting for Beth's question I always enjoy her posts, and noticed:Member Discussion Forum
Coming Soon - Committee discussions, member comments and general feedback.
We'll see.................
BlackRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #11
bethabernathy

My post is at:

http://sempo.org/bbs/index.php?showtopic=9

you have to login to the home page first, then go to the link.
Old 10-18-2004   #12
bethabernathy

How Bored am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Grehan
How long will it be before it gets answered?

Well, the words "breath" and "dont hold" spring to mind here
Well if they won't answer us, we'll have to go down to Palo Alto and have a little talking to them.
Old 10-19-2004   #13
Chris_D

Chris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud of
Elizabeth. Well indeed! How formal is that!

Christopher.
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004   #14
bethabernathy

Well I guess don't hold your breath is the answer:

http://www.sempo-tahoe.com/sempo-forum-screenshot.html

sam seems to have gotten involved.