Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2004   #1
mikelc

mikelc is on a distinguished road
Adwords title not working

I have recently started using Adwords and have noticed that the title of ads are not displayed for over 90% of the time. This is not just my ad it is all of the ads displayed on google. Because of this there is no way for anybody to follow the ad to my site, apart from copy & pasting the URL from the bottom of my ad. On the occasional times that the ads are displayed correctly with the title then the amount of clicks i get shoot right up, but usualy they are not displayed correctly and my ad will only get a couple of clicks a day. I only have my limit set to a tiny 1.50 and have only reached it once. What is up with this, has anybody else noticed, I have done a few searches for this problem and have not found anything.
mikelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #2
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
mikelc, the problem you're experiencing is almost certainly due to Internet Security software that you've recently installed on your machine (or which has been recently updated).

Norton Internet Security 2004 comes to mind as one that has caused this issue in the past, for others. You should be able to re-set parameters to stop this blocking.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #3
dankin

dankin is on a distinguished road
When I was using adwords I encountered the same problem. Changing the NIS 2004 settings works.

The implication for potential customers is your CTR may actually be higher than what you pay for. An example of accidental good customer service!

The bad side is keywords in the title, for example geographical locations, are missed by the surfers.
dankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004   #4
mikelc

mikelc is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies, norton firewall does seem to be the problem, everything showed correctly when I switched it off. What I seem to notice is that on google.co.uk many of the ads display correctly and some (mine included) still display with no title. What do you think may be different about the ads that display correctly?
mikelc is offline   Reply With Quote