Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Advertising
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which PPC engine was the most improved in 2007?
Google 3 30.00%
Yahoo 7 70.00%
MSN 0 0%
Ask 0 0%
Other (tell us who!) 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2008   #1
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Most Improved PPC Program of 2007

Which PPC engine do you think is the Most Improved of 2007? Vote and tell why!

My vote is for Yahoo. It's hard to believe that Panama launched in 2007 - it feels like it's been out there much longer. When I think back to all the pain and suffering of the old DTC, and the results we were getting back then, it's amazing how far Yahoo has come with Panama, as well as cleaning up their network and giving advertisers more options.

Google is still king when it comes to PPC, but Yahoo made the most strides in '07 in my book.

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Most Improved PPC Program of 2007

I agree Mel.... see you at NYC SES this year?
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #3
Mel66

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

Probably not NYC -- I'm shooting for San Jose, though.
Old 01-05-2008   #4
RedFly
PPC lover

RedFly is on a distinguished road

Without a doubt YSM. In some markets, it's traffic converts 100% better than AdWords. They also have some great features that AdWords does not have that really make the difference.

Hopefully in 2008 we will see some proper geo-targeting and fingers crossed a desktop editor.
RedFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008   #5
Mel66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFly View Post
Hopefully in 2008 we will see some proper geo-targeting and fingers crossed a desktop editor.
Agreed - a desktop editor is the big missing link right now for YSM.

Melissa
Old 01-07-2008   #6
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road

YSM is probably the most improved program of the year. It is certainly a lot easier to use. On the downside CPCs have gone up and there are still a lot of poor quality search partners.
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #7
desmarkt

desmarkt is on a distinguished road

I am agree with all of you.

I think that Y! is the PPC program that has improved more in 2007, but it wasn't so difficult to do it. Obviously, it is more difficult to improve Google than Yahoo!.
desmarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #8
cogbox

cogbox is on a distinguished road

Yes, I'd give the nod to Yahoo as well.

My three remaining wish list items after Panama launched were :

1) Dump match driver. I've disliked it from day one -- was a bad idea from the start.

2) Give me a desktop editor like Google. I love that thing.

3) Allow me to opt-out of specific partners.

They granted my third wish a few months back. Taking care of those other two would be a big step forward IMHO.
cogbox is offline   Reply With Quote