Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2007   #1
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
My Maps to OUR Maps

Google has introduced a few new features in maps. Wonder if they will last longer than "this year's holiday season"?

http://maps.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=68480
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: My Maps to OUR Maps

They are also tracking Santa's whereabouts.....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #3
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice

I have been using the Google Maps features for several months. It is a great resource. I have considered making my own custom icons rather than using their "Placemarks". I have not used the pictures yet, but might do that as well. I have used the lines and shape functions too. For instance, I used the line for a proposed freeway.

Another great feature is embedding the maps on your website. You can customize the size - say you want the map zoomed in X percent and the map to be 650 pixels by 400. It generates the code and you just embed it.

Great stuff. I have used Google Earth too (free version). I used it as a perspective still image for articles. It gives a pretty good bird's eye view. But I have also taken frame by frame stills, and put them together to make an animation. I use Ulead-10 for the video. In the opening of my presentations it looks like the camera is flying through the sky to location. It is tedious and the $400 version does it automatically (I read).

Both tools are great and free.
Dan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #4
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan01 View Post
the $400 version does it automatically (I read).
Yep and that's pretty cool! The really neat thing in Google Earth Pro is that you can upload various locations by address and Google Earth will figure the GPS and mark each location with the push of a button. Also just FYI, KML is based on XML and now supported by Google Earth, Google Maps and Google Maps Mobile. So no need to post your locations in each app, one post takes care of all three!
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #5
Bhumika

Bhumika is on a distinguished road

I am new to this forum, thanks for the info shared
Bhumika is offline   Reply With Quote