Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Adwords Editor Update
No Problems - Why are you wasting my time! 1 20.00%
Yes I have a Problem. 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2007   #1
searchengineman

searchengineman will become famous soon enoughsearchengineman will become famous soon enough
Adword Editor NEW Update @ Google - Problem? Adwords Editior xulrunner.exe Error.

The Google Adwords Editor announced an automated update today:
I have a feeling a lot of you use this:

I have gone through 3 installs for the new update of the ADWORDS EDITOR.
Has anybody else had this problem?.
I've sent Google the usual email for support.

The new updated patch installs, the updated Editor crashes upon startup.

xulrunner.exe error

I've given up and stuck with the old working version. If anyone at Google (Who's reading this) knows if this is a general problem, please post a fix.

I would attached a copy of my error log file, but the message would be too long.

Search Engine Man
(If this is the wrong group to post this issue, my apologies)
searchengineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #2
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of
Re: Adword Editor NEW Update @ Google - Problem? Adwords Editior xulrunner.exe Error.

I haven't seen reports of any other install problems, though the AdWords folks just put up a trouble report page.

One thought, is/was your 4.0 release stable?

For anybody interested in the new features, the 5.0 release notes are now up.
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #3
searchengineman

searchengineman will become famous soon enoughsearchengineman will become famous soon enough
Re: Adword Editor NEW Update @ Google - Problem? Adwords Editior xulrunner.exe Error.

Follow up:

After several more attempts on a hunch I removed one of my campaigns with over 100,000 keywords & 120 Groups from my previous version 4.0 editor. The version 5.0 installed without a problem, minus the offending group.

I don't know how many of you have this problem, hope it helps anyone else

Search Engine Man.
Old 12-12-2007   #4
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of

Glad you got it sorted out. Were you able to restore that campaign without 5.0 crashing again?
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #5
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

good to hear you are okay... apparently there are some install problems Google has heard about and issued this:

The potential exists for v5 on Windows to crash on start-up. This will
most likely be experienced by users (internal and external) who have
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer.
The work-around for this is to remove all copies of Google AdWords
Editor from the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel (there will
probably be two), then reinstall.

Let me know if this still doesn't work for you!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #6
adamap

adamap is on a distinguished road

I initially had the problem and through my own troubleshooting took this step and it worked.
adamap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #7
searchengineman

Final verdict,

Downloaded my 100,000 keyword account into Adwords Editor v5.0. And yes I do have the Google Tool Bar Installed. All is well.

Perhaps Google will be kind and update the install to detect this, for future releases.

Search Engine Man
Old 12-13-2007   #8
dangerlarson
Avalanche Internet Marketing

dangerlarson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchengineman View Post
The Google Adwords Editor announced an automated update today:
I have a feeling a lot of you use this:

I have gone through 3 installs for the new update of the ADWORDS EDITOR.
Has anybody else had this problem?.
I've sent Google the usual email for support.

The new updated patch installs, the updated Editor crashes upon startup.

xulrunner.exe error

I've given up and stuck with the old working version. If anyone at Google (Who's reading this) knows if this is a general problem, please post a fix.

I would attached a copy of my error log file, but the message would be too long.

Search Engine Man
(If this is the wrong group to post this issue, my apologies)
I end up with errors every time I download a new version - I emailed adwords support and they gave me instructions to uninstall, including two folders which aren't deleted when you run the installer.

However, it didn't work.

Guess I'll be re-emailing them. Any chance you own a dell, too?
dangerlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #9
dlenef

dlenef is on a distinguished road

Uninstalling both versions (4 and 5), and then reinstalling v5 solved the problem for me. I didn't have to delete any additional folders.
dlenef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #10
phoenixworld

phoenixworld is on a distinguished road

Problem I have is that having exported the full account for archive (using the previous version - not sure what version that was), the Account Snapshot when I import it does not have any recent changes. It doesn't import the two days work I just completed before I upgraded to 5.0.

I'm wondering whether to uninstall, re-install the old version and try to import all of my work.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Philip
phoenixworld is offline   Reply With Quote