Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2007   #1
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Google Adds YouTube to Navigation

YouTube is now in the drop down under "more" in Google's main navigation.
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Google Adds YouTube to Navigation

About time.... they need to add their other acquisitions there a lot quicker
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #3
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice

I usually use their video search which includes YouTube results. Many times I will sort and look for only videos over 20 minutes - documentaries etc. This will pretty much sort out the YouTube results.
Dan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #4
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Good point Dan01, in some cases you will also find videos in the main search results as part of "Universal" search.

Have you noticed this?

If not try a search for "Steve Jobs".
Old 12-11-2007   #5
Dan01

Dan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really niceDan01 is just really nice

I had not found that yet in the regular search "yet".

You know what I wish?? I wish they would put a "more" link at the end of their "more" drop-down. They have tons of applications that aren't listed their. ooops, it seems like it is there now.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/
Old 12-12-2007   #6
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of

Beu,

Are you finding this yourself or via news stories? Just curious...
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #7
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

I have seen the Jobs one... and if you do a search for say Britney Spears the youtube link is at 12.
Many celebs have youtube stuff in the SERPs
Old 12-12-2007   #8
beu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick View Post
Beu, Are you finding this yourself or via news stories? Just curious...
I have a source for my information that reports only to me but haven't seen any news stories or other talk on this issue.

Last edited by beu : 12-12-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-13-2007   #9
Dan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan01 View Post
I had not found that yet in the regular search "yet".

You know what I wish?? I wish they would put a "more" link at the end of their "more" drop-down. They have tons of applications that aren't listed their. ooops, it seems like it is there now.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/
OK, I knew they didn't have the "more" under the "more" links drop down, but it was on the personalize Google homepages. Here is the link:

http://www.google.com/ig
Old 12-14-2007   #10
j0nyDzine

j0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Google Adds YouTube to Navigation

"YouTube Search Results" off the main Google page????
AWESOME!!! I didn't REALLY want to get any work done today, and since it looks like I'm working off Google, I'm SET!!!
Pass the popcorn, and what's that name of that dog on the skateboard again? cool:
j0nyDzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #11
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nyDzine View Post
"YouTube Search Results" off the main Google page????
AWESOME!!! I didn't REALLY want to get any work done today, and since it looks like I'm working off Google, I'm SET!!!
Pass the popcorn, and what's that name of that dog on the skateboard again? cool:
Spoken like a true employee..... now if I was there the YouTube site would be on the blocked list... you can see the search listing just not get to the video!!!

But hell it's Friday... watch videos while I take the rest of the crew for drinks!!
Old 12-14-2007   #12
j0nyDzine

j0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura aboutj0nyDzine has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, that was written more because I thought it was funny and it's Friday... I get money based off my sales and results.
I was really poking fun at the sales people that work under me and I constantly catch looking up screen saver... um... "art" of search results like "Jessica Alba" .. There was a great little article in a recent WIRED about Google being TOO convenient to use, to the point that you spend a part of the day just dealing with all your cool Google tools. It reminds me of Email. How convenient of a tool... until you spend a good 30-45 minutes of your day dealing with spam and irrelevant garbage . NOT to say that YouTube in ANY way is irrelevant garbage!
Old 12-14-2007   #13
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nyDzine View Post
Yeah, that was written more because I thought it was funny and it's Friday... I get money based off my sales and results.
I was really poking fun at the sales people that work under me and I constantly catch looking up screen saver... um... "art" of search results like "Jessica Alba" .. There was a great little article in a recent WIRED about Google being TOO convenient to use, to the point that you spend a part of the day just dealing with all your cool Google tools. It reminds me of Email. How convenient of a tool... until you spend a good 30-45 minutes of your day dealing with spam and irrelevant garbage . NOT to say that YouTube in ANY way is irrelevant garbage!
Was also speaking tongue in cheek
Old 12-14-2007   #14
Dan01

Don't get me started on spam e-mail.

A few years ago my wife and I used to sell on eBay (before we learned about publishing) and I planned all of my auctions to end on the weekend. I thought everyone was on the Internet on the weekends. LOL After a few months I learned: Everyone is on the Internet at work. That changed everything. I changed all of the auctions to end during the week.
Old 12-14-2007   #15
j0nyDzine

yeah... everyone is sitting at their PC with another window minimized and a timer that pops up to warn them that their Ebay Auctions are ending!
Haha... Aussie, I SO want a big pin that says "EMPLOYEE" in generic type like Repo Man! LOL