Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2004   #1
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Search Engine 'Gurus' Honored as Key Figures in an Internet Decade

London, UK - 07 October 2004 - Leading industry pundits and recognised experts in the field of search engine marketing, Mike Grehan and Danny Sullivan , have been commended by the UK internet industry in a list of the top 100 influential people over the past decade. Along with their peers, who include easyjet.com founder Stelios Haji-Ioannou, Martha Lane Fox of lastminute.com and rock star Peter Gabriel, Mike and Danny have been invited to a celebratory champagne reception in London.

Supported by the UK Department for Trade and Industry, the 100 special guests will be thanked for their contributions to the industry by Secretary of State Patricia Hewitt. The highlight of the event will be a special presentation via satellite by inventor of the world wide web, Sir Tim Berners-Lee.

The 100 key influencers and drivers in the field of e commerce were voted for in a NOP poll of over 22,000 online professionals who are members of London based e-Consultancy, an online trade organisation and publisher.

"It was a complete surprise to me" said Mike. "I was notified that I'd been voted onto the list in an email from e-Consultancy at the beginning of August. And then I was completely blown away when I received my official invitation and saw the other names on the list. I'm absolutely delighted for both myself and Danny as well as the search engine marketing community at large."

Mike is recognised in the industry as a leading authority on the subject of search engine marketing. His book Search Engine Marketing: The essential best practice guide , is a best seller online and is the most highly regarded publication of its kind in the industry.

Danny Sullivan was also delighted to find himself nominated: "I'm flattered and honored to have been included along with so many
people who have helped build the internet over the past decade" he said.

Danny is editor in chief of Search Engine Watch, the web's largest repository of search engine marketing news and information. His newsletters reach over 175,000 subscribers worldwide and his search engine strategies conferences attract audiences in the thousands. Although a proud Californian, Danny resides with his wife and family in the UK.

The event "An internet decade" takes place on Thursday 7 October at London's exclusive St Martin's Lane hotel. And Mike Grehan can be seen appearing on BBC TV's Click Online programme the same night.

Congratulations to Mike Grehan and to our own Danny Sullivan for having this great honor bestowed upon them!

Joseph Morin
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #2
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
Kudos to Mike and Danny! Great work guys!

Ian
Old 10-08-2004   #3
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

En Buenahora!!! Bravisimo!
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #4
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
congrats
way to go guys
Old 10-08-2004   #5
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
What's all the more remarkable is how accessibly friendly Mike and Danny are. Hope you enjoy the champange.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #6
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Mike and Danny!
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #7
strategicrankings
Seolid.com - Ranking Websites First - since 1999

strategicrankings will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

You deserve it guys! congrats to you both.
strategicrankings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #8
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Thanks, everyone!
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #9
Mike Grehan

Mike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to allMike Grehan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysullivan
Thanks, everyone!
And ditto from me!
Mike Grehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #10
Daria_Goetsch
SEOExplore.com - SEO Research Directory

Daria_Goetsch has a spectacular aura aboutDaria_Goetsch has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations to you both for this well deserved honor!
Daria_Goetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #11
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!

Jill
Jill Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #12
Chris_D

Chris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud of
Congratulations Mike & Danny!

Next stop is the Queens Birthday Honours list!

I'm not going to wait for the formal ceremony - from now on - its Sir Danny!

Best regards
Chris
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #13
fathom

fathom is a jewel in the roughfathom is a jewel in the roughfathom is a jewel in the rough
Yes congrads Danny & Mike!

Hope the bubbly sat better with you two than my last run! -- hangover for 2 days
fathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #14
creativecraig
Who said that..?

creativecraig is on a distinguished road
Anything that I have read by the two guys are so easy to understand - they manage to cut to the chase and talk about the heart of the problems with out baffling the hell out of me

Well done to you both
creativecraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #15
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Well deserved honor to both Mike and Danny.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #16
steve sardell
Go For It

steve sardell is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to Mike and Danny. It is quite the honour to two deserving individuals. Cheers to you both.
steve sardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #17
Buddha

Buddha is on a distinguished road
Talking

Well deserved for the contributions you have made over the years.
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #18
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations Mike & Danny! Well deserved!
Old 10-12-2004   #19
bethabernathy
Looking forward to Summer

bethabernathy has a spectacular aura aboutbethabernathy has a spectacular aura aboutbethabernathy has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations from a sunny loft in Lake Tahoe.
bethabernathy is offline   Reply With Quote