Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2007   #1
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Giving Away Show Tickets During PubCon Las Vegas

For those of you guys attending PubCon Las Vegas 2007, I've secured around 500 show tickets that we're giving out to Bloggers or video content producers in the hopes that they might provide some editorial coverage. Details covered in my blog.

Last edited by Joseph Morin : 11-29-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #2
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Re: Giving Away Show Tickets During PubCon Las Vegas

NOW, that is a great idea and new trend that every conference should consider!

Last edited by Joseph Morin : 11-29-2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: oops - meant to quote
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #3
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by beu View Post
NOW, that is a great idea and new trend that every conference should consider!
Thanks! If you really think about it, there are probably a whole host of services and venues that would benefit from the social media onslaught of a blogger attendee base at our typical conference.

Once I thought about it, I took it to the powers that be and outlined the concept in formal proposal form, they ran it up the chain and we had approvals rather rapidly...they just 'got it'.
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #4
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Totally!

Tell everyone, in exchange for their free ticket you want a copy for posting on the site to "archive" the event.

For the price of 500 tickets the "sponsor" gets 500 pages of content just waiting to have ads placed beside it.

Seems like a "win win" to me!
beu is offline   Reply With Quote