Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2007   #1
Ryan L

Ryan L is on a distinguished road
looking for tips or tools

So we are running seperate search campaigns utilizing seperate locations sort of concentrically?
campaigns:
instate
surrounding 5 state area
national

my question is: How do I check the "actual" serps to determine placement for the outstate and national campaigns?

As of now when I head over to the big G to check actual placement I am only served the instate campaign ads.

Are their proxies that are location specific or do you use any particular tools to trick google into thinking your elsewhere when searching?
Ryan L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: looking for tips or tools

I know there is a country work around.... can ask about one for others... what were you criteria in creating the groups
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #3
Ryan L

we have diff amounts that we bid, basically we are willing to pay a little more for local more qualified traffic with the exception of a few high converting national and regional keywords.

I would like to look at results and placements as if I were surfing from say Chicago or Kansas or NYC etc
Old 11-28-2007   #4
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan L View Post
I would like to look at results and placements as if I were surfing from say Chicago or Kansas or NYC etc
Not sure but is this what you want?

Chicago:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ivf&gr=US-IL&gcs=Chicago
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #5
Ryan L

That works.

wanna build me a map of the entire US with a search box in each state linked to the appropriate query strings...lol

Thanks beu
Old 11-29-2007   #6
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of

Hi Ryan L,

I haven't been around this forum much since before Thanksgiving - and am reading rather quickly to catch up.

That said, I think you'd find the Ad Preview Tool be be of use, assuming that some of the region settings were a close match for what you were looking for.

Worth a look at any rate:

http://www.google.com/adpreview

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #7
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Yeah, sorry but yet again AWR comes to the rescue!

Thanks AWR!
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #8
Ryan L

thanks that is nearly exactly what I am looking for
Old 11-30-2007   #9
chris1
Low-gravity fun for everyone!

chris1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link AWR.

Is there an ad preview tool for the Google network?
chris1 is offline   Reply With Quote