Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2007   #1
fromtherooftops

fromtherooftops is on a distinguished road
Is there a keyword tool that can do this?

Is there a tool that somehow displays rankings and keywords for any site? Not an exhaustive listing, but maybe a TOP 100 type thing.

In other words, I would love to be able to submit a client's website to a tool and see the top rankings and keywords. This gives me a gauge as to how well they're ranking for particular keyword buckets before I start focusing my keyword research.

With all the amazing new keyword tools coming out, I'm wondering if I missed one.

If there is no tool, any recommendations on how to do this?
fromtherooftops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #2
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Re: Is there a keyword tool that can do this?

I don't believe so, something like 25% of queries are unique and only happen one time. A tool like this would need to be able to determine any and every possible query by any user and in any language.
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #3
Thomas Schulz MS
Microsys

Thomas Schulz MS is on a distinguished road

What you could do is to generate a lot of likely search queries and run them against multiple keyword suggestion services... Alternatively, you could try create combine keyword lists. Anyways, after that done, you could get all queries position checked on various search engines.

A1 Keyword Research can do all of above.

Last edited by JohnW : 11-09-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: removed link
Thomas Schulz MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #4
fromtherooftops

fromtherooftops is on a distinguished road

i downloaded the trial of A1 - it was not user friendly, and the help was not resourceful. so I'm going to have to try something else. thanks all for your hellp!
fromtherooftops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #5
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtherooftops View Post
i downloaded the trial of A1 - it was not user friendly, and the help was not resourceful. so I'm going to have to try something else. thanks all for your hellp!
For or a user friendly GUI, creating ranking reports and other see:
http://www.ibusinesspromoter.com/general/customers.htm
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #6
prosez

prosez is on a distinguished road

I don't know of any program to do exactly what you need. However, IBP (ibusinesspromoter.com) allows you to input keyword/phrases and will check the search engines for the results. I usually take my product database and copy the page titles/products then paste them into IBP. I select Google, Yahoo and MSN search engines to check results on, and usually go 3 pages deep.

This report will show the page listings in each search engine.
prosez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #7
cooluks

cooluks is a jewel in the roughcooluks is a jewel in the roughcooluks is a jewel in the roughcooluks is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtherooftops View Post
Is there a tool that somehow displays rankings and keywords for any site? Not an exhaustive listing, but maybe a TOP 100 type thing.

In other words, I would love to be able to submit a client's website to a tool and see the top rankings and keywords. This gives me a gauge as to how well they're ranking for particular keyword buckets before I start focusing my keyword research.

With all the amazing new keyword tools coming out, I'm wondering if I missed one.

If there is no tool, any recommendations on how to do this?
You can use www.cleverstat.com tools... I've tried it and it is somewhat a good tool...
cooluks is offline   Reply With Quote