Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Marketing
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2004   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
BrightAds: Kanoodle's Sponsored Links Product

This is a competitive product to Google's AdSense. Kanoodle is calling it BrightAds, "The Smart Choice for Sponsored Links for Your Site." I signed up for an account and I am waiting for approval. Until then here is the marketing copy from the site.

- BrightAds is the only sponsored links provider that maps ads by "topics" and "segments", not keywords.
- Clearly Defined Revenue Share
- High Revenue-Per-Click (RPC)
- The Human Element
- No Public Service or Charity Ads
- PayPal
- and more.

Danny did a quick entry on this at the SEW blog. Other blogs on this topic include John Battelle and SearchEngineJournal.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Update:

applied at 4:02PM (EST)
approved at 4:09PM (EST)

Quick turn around. More feedback to come after a few days of testing.
Old 10-05-2004   #3
lorenbaker

lorenbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlorenbaker has a spectacular aura about
It looks decent and is super cool how it can be placed in a blog entry, worked on WordPress here. My fear is the lack of targeting and the Google terms of service forbidding look-a-like ads being run on the same site.

I think Kanoodle has a cool and friendly product, but really got into the game late.

From what I hear, they have a lot of niche advertisers, especially on financial channels, so such a Kanoodle-friendly niche site may work well, while others will stay with AdSense.

Looking forward to seeing more of your testing results,
Loren
lorenbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #4
rustybrick

Didn't know that was in the AdSense TOS, anyway, I put the ad over here. So far its not targeting, but not sure if advertisers need to opt in for it or not.