Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2007   #1
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
Google Ranking Algos -- Sudden Change?

Has Google made major changes to their organic ranking algorithms in the past few days? I suddenly jumped from page 7 to page 1.
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #2
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of
Re: Google Ranking Algos -- Sudden Change?

Congrats!

I haven't noticed -- or heard of -- anything major (an I'm sure I would have), just the normal day-to-day fluctuations. I'd say that either everybody else above you slipped up ;-), or maybe you've just gained that link or two that pushed you over the tipping point.
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #3
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Smile Re: Google Ranking Algos -- Sudden Change?

Believe it or not, a better ranking doesn't mean that something has gone wrong!

Congratulations!
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #4
strategicrankings
Seolid.com - Ranking Websites First - since 1999

strategicrankings will become famous soon enough

We have also noticed some drastic changes in our rankings where our website is ranking very well for highly competitive web design related terms with number of results reaching the 2 billion. However we are seeing these results only on a specific country version of google. I've mentioned that in a thread here
I first shyly thought it was an update but didn't investigated that avenue further since our particular situation was something that has been encountered by other seo's long before as mentioned in the above thread. So we will cross fingers and wait for things to settle.
strategicrankings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #5
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road

I have seen one site come out of the sandbox this week and another older site that was suffering from the effects of a 301 redirect improve its positions.
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #6
pappas215

pappas215 is on a distinguished road

We have seen results for several of our keywords jump from page 1 to 2 to 3 back to 1 day to day. Seems to be just the past week or so.
pappas215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #7
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappas215 View Post
We have seen results for several of our keywords jump from page 1 to 2 to 3 back to 1 day to day. Seems to be just the past week or so.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing. We're jumping all over the place. And I've received different results from different computers/browsers. Also, I saw us suddenly vanish from page 1 when I did repeat searched on one of our keywords. Does this point to organics being personalized? Or perhaps more sophisticated "adaptive" ranking algos?

Last edited by abbottsys : 09-26-2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007   #8
Ryan L

Ryan L is on a distinguished road

was 10 a week ago, friday was 12, today am 37....bah...bah I say
Ryan L is offline   Reply With Quote