Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC Ads)
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2007   #1
YahooPete

YahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the rough
Updated Yahoo! Features Launching August 2007

Hi there,

I appreciate all the feedback on this forum and wanted to let you know about some new features we’re launching today.
Some of the features include:

Enhancements to the process for creating an ad
Low quality index alert – Advertisers will be alerted if their quality index drops below a certain level.
Ad generator – Add titles and short sentences to the ad generator which will automatically combine various permutations of those titles and short sentences to form a set of candidate ads
Campaign optimization – Optimize your campaigns according to your specified goals
And more.

We’ve posted a more detailed article on the new features on our Yahoo! Search Marketing blog: http://www.ysmblog.com/blog/2007/08/...d-new-options/

As more updates and enhancements become available, we’ll definitely keep you updated.

All the best,
YahooPete
YahooPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #2
adamap

adamap is on a distinguished road
Re: Updated Yahoo! Features Launching August 2007

Finally advertisers can actually see all their ads at once, Yahoo! Sorry, could not help myself. Thank you to the Yahoo team for listening and continually making updates.

Now get an offline editor and I'll sing your praises from the highest mountain tops....in Wisconsin.
adamap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #3
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough

Now that advertisers can see conversion rate, CPA, etc for each ad, we can really test and optimize our ads. Excellent!
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #4
MSI

MSI is on a distinguished road

Pete,

Does Yahoo really think it is important to help me putting 6 sentences in various orders to create ads? Do they think sending me an e-mail about low quality is more important than giving me a better indicator than the five bar system now employed? When I test multiple ads and I get three bars on all how can I tell their quality apart? (the bottom line of course)

The updates I'm interested in? Here they are.....

When will they fix ad testing so it doesn't delete ads after less than 72 hours of running and then it even deletes the BEST performing ad two out of three times. I don't use it anymore.

When will they get Analytics reports fixed so that the Non-Refered category no longers holds "masked" refered traffic?

When will I stop getting "Phantom" e-mails from editorial saying I have items that have been declined only to find there is NOTHING that has been declined?

When will publisher blocking be ready to use? I needed it LONG before you instituted QBP.

Three out of four of these requests I have been voicing since LAST November when I first entered the Panama system. The other, the analytics issue, I have only been requesting for about three months now.

Can we quit getting the little updates and start getting ones that will really help?
MSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #5
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

Way to lay it out there, MSI! I will second your request for publisher blocking. I too have been beating this drum for a couple years now, and I keep hearing it's coming "soon."

I would also like to ask for true custom reporting. The minor enhancements are nice, but where is the ability to choose which fields show in a report? This is what true custom reporting is all about - letting the advertiser decide what data they need.

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #6
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

Yes, indeed, Site exclusion!!! But lets not forget; exclusion capability is really no good if you cant get the reports to identify who to exclude and then beyond that an effective way to exclude them... so I will chime in with my top priority request.

Publisher referral reporting (ad placement)- No summary data, such as "domain ads". Identify them all!
A click to remove/block publisher(s)feature within the UI
And while you're at it, an import tool by which one can export Adwords campaigns and easily import them into Yahoo, INCLUDING negative keywords. (without being the Leonardo of XL.)

YSM has definitely improved in 07 for us, but only on the search side and at a very low volume. If tools can be delivered to advertisers and publishers to help control performance of both then YSM can expand dramatically.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #7
Mel66

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

Is anyone else having trouble with the "saved configurations" in the Reports area? I chose a configuration ("last 30 days"), saved it with a unique name, and checked "make default," yet when I go back to the report, it just runs for whatever date range is selected in the upper right hand corner (the little calendar thingie that's been there all along). Even if I select the custom configuration in the drop-down menu, I still get the wrong date range.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the interface to show my saved configuration? YahooPete, any ideas here??

Melissa
Old 09-17-2007   #8
MSI

Mel66,

I find the same problem. I save the Daily report for the customized date range of "last week" thinking I will get a report of the last seven days any time I run it. That is not what I get. It brings up the Daily report for whatever date range was in the current report window.

I get the same results with other types of reports and when trying to save specific date ranges. Always the result brought up in the window stays with the default date range of the page.

MSI
Old 09-18-2007   #9
Mel66

Glad to hear it's not just me, MSI!

If I find a solution I'll post it.

Melissa
Old 10-02-2007   #10
mohsink4u

mohsink4u is on a distinguished road

Is there any tool designed by yahoo to see the ads(for advertisers). I am from india and i advertise for UK market. Is there any website or tool which can help me in seeing the ranking of the ads.
Google has its own AD Preview tool
mohsink4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #11
MSI

No there is not. I've been giving the reps lots of feed back though on how I would like to see just such a tool. I need the ability to seach as if I was in a different location. I want to be able to keep track of the ads ranking more closely in some of my client's best markets(states for example). For you that would be the same as needing to see another country's search results.

With so many advertisers geo-targeting, searches are very different from location to location. The overall Avg. Position we are given in the reporting doesn't help with exact positions in specific markets.

A tool that would allow us to see searches from different locations (by postal codes?) would really help.
Old 10-03-2007   #12
ewc21
Hong Kong SEO

ewc21 is on a distinguished road

Blocked Domain seems to be the most attractive feature for me. But as Discovery said, if we don't know more details on which sites aren't delivering quality traffic, then it's difficult to pinpoint who to exclude, except for those obvious ones.

Just curious about Blocked Continents, wouldn't it be better if we can pick which countries we want our ads to appear instead of unchecking the continents within Account General Information?

The Asian continent for example is home to a diverse set of cultures that speak, read and act differently.
ewc21 is offline   Reply With Quote