Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2007   #1
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
*OFFICIAL* SES San Jose 2007 Party & Events Schedule

Welcome to this year's SES San Jose Party Schedule.

Due to the requests of many party and event organizers, this year's private party events will not be listed. I can only confirm that there are private events on Monday and Wednesday.

Sunday August 19

Marriott Bar

Downstairs to right of reception at Marriott is usually the place to be.

Monday August 20

Women In Internet Marketing Luncheon

Time: 12:30pm - 2:00pm

172 S Market St (at The Fairmont Hotel)

Space is limited, to rsvp send an email to Li Evans at smg-a-t-searchmarketinggurusDOTcom

Monday Evening

SEMPO The Search is Right Night

6:00 - 7:00 PM

Come on down to “The Search Is Right Night” Following brief
remarks about the state of the organization, attendees are invited to learn how they can get involved with the various SEMPO committees and enter for a chance to win door prizes such as an iPhone, gift certificates and more.

The event is open to SEMPO members and non-members alike, so brush up on your Plinko skills!

Open Bar.

SEMPO In-House Search Marketer Networking Event

7:30 to 9:30 p.m.

Drinks and snacks to be provided, but come early or the snacks will run out.

This event is for In-House SEMs only. We will be checking folks at the door - agency reps will be politely asked to leave.

This event is an excellent opportunity for In-House SEMs to meet and grow their network of contacts. No sense going it alone when there are folks just like you who are happy to share what they know.

Tuesday August 21

3rd Annual San Jose Classic

9:00 a.m. to ???

Once again, random golfers are welcomed to take some time out from SES San Jose (only if you have a permission slip) and join the organizers of this informal golf outing -- Chris Boggs, Andrew Goodman, John Krystynak -- for 18 holes of rather mellow semi-sporting activity.

Leave a post on the classic thread if interested.

AOL Search Lunch

12:00 - 1:15 p.m.

Watch a demo of the new AOL Mobile Search, enjoy free lunch and network with other search engine professionals. Also, enter for a chance to win an iPhone! This free event is open to all registered SES San Jose attendees, but RSVP is required since space is limited. Please bring your SES badge, photo ID and your RSVP confirmation for admittance.

RSVP: http://www.ersvp.com/r/aolsearchlunch082107

Google's GoogleDance VI

7:00 - 11:00 p.m.

Come party the night away at the Google Dance 2007 at SES San Jose.

For registered SES attendees, buses will depart from the San Jose Convention Center beginning at 7:00pm and run continuously until 11pm. Parking will be available at the Shoreline Amphitheatre parking lot "C", across the street from the Google campus.

**SES badge and photo ID are required for admittance.

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

RSVP: http://services.google.com/events/googledance07

Wednesday Night August 22

Webmaster Radio's SEARCHBASH 3

7:00 - ???

SEARCHBASH continues in their quest for the ongoing lubrication of the SES set. Vivid Night Club is located just a few blocks from the Convention Center (See map).

Open Bar, food, Music, and all sorts of fun surprises should be expected. To ensure you get in the door, stop by one of our awesome sponsor booths. The following companies are again contributing to our delinquency:

Ask.com
Bruce Clay, Inc.
Epiar
Moniker
Network Solutions
Webmaster Radio

8 South First Street
San Jose, CA 95113

RSVP Here

Thursday Night August 23

Nothing yet!

I know the schedule is a lot lighter than normal and that is the reason for the delay of this post. I'm feeling that the search industry is changing and maturing and we are now seeing far less activity on the social scene. With that said, this will be my last 'Official Party & Events Schedule' post. I'm moving on to other things in my career and I'm finding my time limited - also I wont be involved with SES Chicago this year due to another conflict. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Hope to see everyone there! If I have left any party event off, please PM me and I will gladly add it to the schedule.

Joe

Last edited by Joseph Morin : 08-18-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #2
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Re: *OFFICIAL* SES San Jose 2007 Party & Events Schedule

Thanks Joe, I think I'm going to be all partied out
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #3
storyspinner
Li the search gal

storyspinner will become famous soon enough

Luncheon on Monday is filling up fast, I was able to get us a bit more room, but even that is getting close to maxed.

As of this morning (Friday 8/17) there is room for about 8-10 more spots.

Lunch will cost $25.00 plus tip, it's a special menu they put together in which there's 4 or 5 choices of main entree, also appetizer and desert.

This time around we're a little more organized thanks to the The Grill on the Alley's coordinator who was awesome to work with. We even have our own schmanzy danzy menus!

Also if anyone (company) would like to sponsor this lunch, feel free to contact me smg-a-t-searchmarketinggurusDOTcom, most of the women coming are in ownership or directorship of companies, and our luncheon doesn't include alcohol!
storyspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #4
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the efforts again Joe. Best of luck with the new things going on - seems like the time for change is all around these days...
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #5
yogagirl

yogagirl is on a distinguished road
Re: SES San Jose 2007 Party Thread

Hi Everyone- Is Google Dance a "jeans" kind of party?
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #6
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogagirl View Post
Hi Everyone- Is Google Dance a "jeans" kind of party?
It is a wear whatever party
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #7
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Duane, I give more of an explanation as to why this is my last 'Official SES Party Post' on my blog and yes, for those that have been asking, this does mean that I will no longer be the 'Official Party Coordinator for SES.

Thanks for the great run!
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #8
RobSnell

RobSnell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Morin View Post
Thanks for the great run!
Joe! Say it ain't so! Thanks for all the info over the years...

Rob
RobSnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #9
RobBothan

RobBothan is on a distinguished road

does anyone know if SES london will get a google dance? would be great if they did! either way can't wait for the fun to head over our side of the pond have a great time all of you at San Jose 2007!
RobBothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #10
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBothan View Post
does anyone know if SES london will get a google dance?
I'm not aware of Google organising a Dance for the next London SES, although there will be an "evilgreenmonkey dance" on the last day of the conference
Old 08-17-2007   #11
evilgreenmonkey

A handy tip - set yourself up on Google Calendar and add in all the parties you're planning to attend. Then activate SMS notifications and get a nice friendly reminder sent to your phone before each party
Old 08-17-2007   #12
storyspinner
Li the search gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgreenmonkey View Post
I'm not aware of Google organising a Dance for the next London SES, although there will be an "evilgreenmonkey dance" on the last day of the conference

Not only does the evilgreenmonkey dance... he sings too, and I have the proof! *muwahahaha*
Old 08-17-2007   #13
evilgreenmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyspinner View Post
Not only does the evilgreenmonkey dance... he sings too, and I have the proof! *muwahahaha*
Hey, I can still press charges after that groping incident you inflicted on me at SES NY

Old 08-19-2007   #14
evilgreenmonkey

Hooray, I've finally arrived in San Jose - I think we should move all the conferences to London to save me from the 12 hour flight

I will hopefully see you all in the Marriott hotel bar tonight - remember to bring your drinking hat.
Old 08-19-2007   #15
storyspinner
Li the search gal

Women's Luncheon is all full!

Thanks for all those who spread the word!
Old 08-21-2007   #16
lolaris

lolaris is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: *OFFICIAL* SES San Jose 2007 Party & Events Schedule

Joe,

Thank you for all of the great info in the past and keeping us in the know! As far as "maturing as an industry" I would hope no one outgrows the excitment of networking and importance of having a good time while you work. It has been a "fun" industry to be in, and I would hate to see that energy diminish. I personally thought the Jeeves farewell party in NY a couple years back was a very good time.
lolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #17
Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator is on a distinguished road

WOW! dont know if I speak for everyone but today is a bit tough I am still recovering from the show and the parties.

Great Show! Great Times! Cant wait for the next one

Smooth Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #18
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

You will be a hard one to replace.... does the job come with the poolside suite at the Fairmont?
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote