Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2007   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Yahoo running Adsense?

I keep getting these refferals in my Google placement reports.
Any one else see this happening?

search.yahoo.com/bin/search
search.yahoo.com/search

Is Yahoo testing out Adsense from time to time?

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #2
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
Re: Yahoo running Adsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
I keep getting these refferals in my Google placement reports.
Any one else see this happening?

search.yahoo.com/bin/search
search.yahoo.com/search

Is Yahoo testing out Adsense from time to time?

Discovery
I don't see this, but it's very interesting and I would love to find out what's happening. I have to believe that Google is getting some adwords distribution on Yahoo. Is the impression volume high? And, are you seeing clicks and conversions?
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #3
shorebreak

shorebreak will become famous soon enough

Isn't this probably just people doing arbitrage?
shorebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #4
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebreak View Post
Isn't this probably just people doing arbitrage?
No. This is adwords giving you a list of all the websites in the Content Network where it displyed your ads - and Yahoo showing up on that list.
Old 08-16-2007   #5
shorebreak

shorebreak will become famous soon enough

OK, I got it. Last question: if this is in fact Y! testing AdWords to see if it monetizes search traffic better than Panama, why would you be seeing Y! in the content network and not the search network?

-Shorebreak
shorebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #6
Tamar Weinberg

Tamar Weinberg has a spectacular aura aboutTamar Weinberg has a spectacular aura about

I guess it's not being reported that frequently, but it doesn't seem to be that new either.
Tamar Weinberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #7
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar Weinberg View Post
I guess it's not being reported that frequently, but it doesn't seem to be that new either.
I agree that Yahoo may use adwords to promote their brand. But that's not what Discovery is talking about in this thread. Discovery is saying that, as an advertiser, their adwords ads are being shown on Yahoo. Totally different, and very interesting.
Old 08-17-2007   #8
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

The volume is miniscule, here are the results from a couple days ago.

Impressions Clicks CPC
1 1 $1.50
19 1 $0.72

I see it about every other day.

Its a lot cheaper than paying Yahoo to advertiser on their own site!
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #9
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery View Post
The volume is miniscule, here are the results from a couple days ago.

Impressions Clicks CPC
1 1 $1.50
19 1 $0.72

I see it about every other day.

Its a lot cheaper than paying Yahoo to advertiser on their own site!
Umm.. very low indeed. Not even high enough to be testing. Maybe some kind of error in the referrer data?