Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2007   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Not Going To SES San Jose And Need A Question Answered?

Okay this is not originally my idea but it is a good one so here goes.

Anyone not attending the conference but has a questioon they would like answered please post it here.

I will make a list on Saturday and then get people at the show to answer them.

WMW - thanks for the idea!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #2
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Not Going To SES San Jose And Need A Question Answered?

Can we try for some clarity on the new changes Google is bringing in for that top paid spot?

Seems to me that it's setting up to favor deep budgets...and thus Google's profits (nothing wrong with this).

But where does this leave smaller budgets? Will quality and performance still be enough to compete for the larger traffic volumes?
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #3
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
Can we try for some clarity on the new changes Google is bringing in for that top paid spot?

Seems to me that it's setting up to favor deep budgets...and thus Google's profits (nothing wrong with this).

But where does this leave smaller budgets? Will quality and performance still be enough to compete for the larger traffic volumes?
that's a good one and on the list
Old 08-15-2007   #4
gabs

gabs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
And how many of us have stuck in preferred position #2 hehehehe
gabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #5
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

Great idea, Aussie. I would like to know when Yahoo will be rolling out site exclusion. I keep hearing "soon" but I would like a more concrete time frame; and I would also like to know if it will be part of the user interface, or if we'll have to go through Y reps to block sites.

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #6
AussieWebmaster

Okay Mel on my list... You are not coming to SJ?
Old 08-15-2007   #7
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

No, I won't make it out there this year.

I'll be in Chicago, though!

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #8
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of

My question: (even though I'll be there)

"How many fluid ounces of beer were consumed at the 2007 Google Dance?"
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #9
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Boggs View Post
My question: (even though I'll be there)

"How many fluid ounces of beer were consumed at the 2007 Google Dance?"
I can count the ones you drink and then just multiply by 100 - given there will be about 5-6,000 at the event that works out right
Old 08-15-2007   #10
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster View Post
I can count the ones you drink and then just multiply by 100 - given there will be about 5-6,000 at the event that works out right
no way buddy I have speak bright and early at 1 the next day. Plus who would miss the lovely Miss Meyer in the early morning? And I have to cover the SEMPO booth. I may not even drink at all...
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #11
seoz87

seoz87 is on a distinguished road

well this question is not specifically for SES conference. But i hope that you lot are sweet enough to answer it.

What is your procedure to SEO a site? If you got a fresh site how will u start? what are your preference?

Plus in off line seo which area you prefer more to get result and ranking?

You can personally mail me at
seoz87(at)gmail.com

i m really thankful to anyone answer

hope to see some mails soon
seoz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007   #12
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road

I would like to ask if the search engines would support an existing meta tag to say which country a site is targeted at. This would be especially useful for those of us working on English sites for use in different countries such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #13
AussieWebmaster

okay I have them on the list.... come on folks only a day or so left to get a question in
Old 08-24-2007   #14
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road

Did you get any answers?
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #15
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem4u View Post
I would like to ask if the search engines would support an existing meta tag to say which country a site is targeted at. This would be especially useful for those of us working on English sites for use in different countries such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.
Not at the moment... but you can filter using language which can help push for the language placing better in countries that speak that language. English being the default gets little help with this.
Old 08-24-2007   #16
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel66 View Post
Great idea, Aussie. I would like to know when Yahoo will be rolling out site exclusion. I keep hearing "soon" but I would like a more concrete time frame; and I would also like to know if it will be part of the user interface, or if we'll have to go through Y reps to block sites.

Melissa
Same reply on that one....