Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Ask.com
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2004   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Beal Finds New AskJeeves Feature: Preview Results

From Andy Beal's Search Engine Lowdown. I've seen this on an other search engine, but I can not remember where. But this is cool, don't you think?

"By mousing your cursor over the binoculars icon, a pop-up window appears with a preview of the site."

I have attached an image, if you cant get to Andy's Blog. I had trouble, so Andy kindly emailed me the image.

rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004   #2
pleeker
www.SmallBusinessSEM.com

pleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
From Andy Beal's Search Engine Lowdown. I've seen this on an other search engine, but I can not remember where. But this is cool, don't you think?
Vivisimo and ZapMeta already have it, and I think it's in Google Labs, isn't it?

And yes, it is a nice feature.
pleeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004   #3
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
WiseNut has had a sneak a peak feature for a good period of time.
Old 06-10-2004   #4
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by seobook
WiseNut has had a sneak a peak feature for a good period of time.
Yup, that is where I saw it.

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2004   #5
rustybrick

Andy Beal seems to confirm this in his most recent entry at http://www.searchenginelowdown.com/2...launch-of.html
Old 06-21-2004   #6
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Gary Price also has a rundown on the feature there, elsewhere and other new stuff that Ask formally rolled out today in SearchDay: Ask Jeeves Sharpens Its Focus.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004   #7
rustybrick

Just got the email notification from Ask. It is really official now http://www.irconnect.com/askjinc/pag...s.html?d=59483