Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2007   #1
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
3rd Annual San Jose Classic

Once again, random golfers are welcomed to take some time out from SES San Jose (only if you have a permission slip) and join the organizers of this informal golf outing -- Chris Boggs, Andrew Goodman, John Krystynak -- for 18 holes of rather mellow semi-sporting activity.

We have two tee times booked (early, before 9 a.m.) on Tuesday, Aug. 21 (Day 2 of the conference). If interested, contact one of us by Aug. 14, please.

The course will be Sinnabar Hills, 25 minutes from downtown SJ.

Skill level: If you get really upset at bad shots, maybe you should just forget about it. Otherwise, a handicap of 45 or better is recommended. OK, OK, maybe to be safe we should say 25. Sponsor: Microsoft is paying for all the beer. Veracity of previous statement: limited to none. Club rental: apparently available, phone number available on request. Cost: green fee is under $65.
andrewgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: 3rd Annual San Jose Classic

How many players total... and really 25.... I would hope to break 100 but has been a long time between rounds... I could drive the beer cart!!!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #3
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of

ausiie I really hope to see you out there. I plan on breaking 90...sans cheating.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007   #4
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

count me in.... I will pick up balls if I fall behind... or just come for the walk
Old 08-06-2007   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of

I seriously need to pick up golf.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #6
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of

lol we don't walk that would be too "excercisey"
Old 08-08-2007   #7
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of

Golf clubs don't like me, I tend to add extra bunkers to the green

I think my handicap is 25 hours.
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #8
storyspinner
Li the search gal

storyspinner will become famous soon enough

I've got a ton of golf balls here I could donate to your cause ... hehehe

I live right next to a golf course (my apt overlooks hole 18) and for some reason I have this HUGE bag of golf balls.... ok ok, I find them when I walk my dog and scarf 'em right up

This gal doesn't golf though... now if it was bowling, then we could talk. *idly wonders if league bowling team handicaps would transfer to golfing*
storyspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #9
ThomasB

ThomasB is on a distinguished road

I'll sponsor 3 balls per player. Downside, my company logo is on them. Due to my HCP of 37 I won't participate this year I guess.
ThomasB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #10
Chris Boggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasB View Post
I'll sponsor 3 balls per player. Downside, my company logo is on them. Due to my HCP of 37 I won't participate this year I guess.
nein thomas, you will play again! if not tuesday maybe a casual round thursday afternoon...
Old 08-15-2007   #11
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough

CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! I kicked Chris's butt at pool in NY back in April (or he kicked mine, can't really recall...)- this would have been an excellent addition to my list of accomplishments - or failures!

Sorry I'm missing it...
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007   #12
Chris Boggs

umm duanne I wiped beer off the edge of the pool table with your puny Canadian body, as I was destroying you.
Old 08-16-2007   #13
ThomasB

ThomasB is on a distinguished road

Ok, I'll bring balls and would be in for an afternoon round on thursday.
ThomasB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #14
critter
Underpromise; Overdeliver

critter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the rough

Is there still room for one more?

Im the guy last year who was supposed to pay and got a kidney stone the night before...

If you got room I would play!

Critter
critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #15
Chris Boggs

Hey Critter come on down! We will fill up the third tee time I am thinking, and you are the first of the last four. We are going to randomize the groups when we start, and if we need a couple threesomes and a four, so be it.

Anyone else that wants to play Thursday afternoon please let us know as well!

CB
Old 08-17-2007   #16
AussieWebmaster

I guess I am coming Tuesday for the walk
Old 08-17-2007   #17
critter

critter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Boggs View Post
Hey Critter come on down! We will fill up the third tee time I am thinking, and you are the first of the last four. We are going to randomize the groups when we start, and if we need a couple threesomes and a four, so be it.

Anyone else that wants to play Thursday afternoon please let us know as well!

CB
Chris, is the Golf Thursday afternoon or Tuesday morning?

Critter
Old 08-17-2007   #18
critter

I was actually hoping to play in the Tuesday morning group as I have a Thursday afternoon meeting?

If it helps im a 8 HDC

:-)

Critter
Old 08-17-2007   #19
merrick_lozano
Old School Lurker

merrick_lozano is on a distinguished road

Chris, if there is a third tee time, I would like to join. My handicap was never lower than 18 when I played more often, but I enjoy hitting the ball when I can.

Let me know so I can fly in the night before instead of that morning, also I believe the course is Cinnabar Hills dot com right?
merrick_lozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #20
RossDunn

RossDunn is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: 3rd Annual San Jose Classic

Hey have you got room for an extra candidate? I too will pick up my ball if I have too... not so sure about my handicap ;-) Some days I can hit and some days... well I won't talk about it.

I am heading outta here. I will check this later or you can drop me a note at rossco@stepforth.com. I hope I am in under the wire. Otherwise perhaps I can organize a group of stragglers that also missed the wire? Cheers, Ross
RossDunn is offline   Reply With Quote