SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Ask.com
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2007   #1
Shmuel
PPC Manager

Shmuel is on a distinguished road
Ask Still Showing Adwords?

Has anyone else noticed that Ask is still showing adwords ads for search queries? I noticed this in particular when searching my brand.
Shmuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Re: Ask Still Showing Adwords?

I think Ask still shows Google Ads, when their inventory doesn't match the query.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #3
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Re: Ask Still Showing Adwords?

Rusty,

You are correct, we see traffic from ask everyday via Google. However, I believe the ads are displayed according to price/profits at ask.com and not if a query doesnt match their inventory of ask.com advertisers.

The terms we get traffic from are pretty competitive and high PPC. Our tagging shows us the ad is coming from our Google campaigns.

Cheers - Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote