Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2007   #1
psurplus

psurplus is on a distinguished road
AdWords Editor is Broken

I recently inquired about AdWords Editor not being able to post/download/view one of my campaigns. After calling AdWords support yesterday this is the response I received.

"After we ended our call, I escalated this issue to our Technical Team.
While reviewing your account, they recognized that you have been unable to download your campaign into Editor because it has position preference enabled. Fortunately, they are aware that some users are currently having this technical problem with AdWords Editor, and it affects all campaigns which have position preference enabled. Due to this technical issue, campaigns with position preference enabled cannot be downloaded in AdWords Editor right now.

We regret any inconvenience this has caused you, but please be assured that our engineering team is working hard on the problem, and we hope to have it fixed very shortly."
psurplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #2
SearchEnginePPC
PPC Consultant

SearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura aboutSearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura aboutSearchEnginePPC has a spectacular aura about
Re: AdWords Editor is Broken

Hmm...not for me. I just got the recent changes on one of my client's accounts that uses position preferences in one of their AdGroups. No problems with Editor here.
SearchEnginePPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #3
Shmuel
PPC Manager

Shmuel is on a distinguished road

You may want to reinstall it. I've had some problems like that before. Reinstalling fixed it for me.
Shmuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #4
psurplus

psurplus is on a distinguished road

I had tried all those helpful troubleshooting tips before calling Google. The rep I spoke with did just email me back today and say that Google engineers had rectified the problem and everything should work fine. I have not yet tested this.
psurplus is offline   Reply With Quote