Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2007   #1
psurplus

psurplus is on a distinguished road
AdWords Editor Tricks & Tips

I attended an hour long webinar this morning by the AdWords Editor team (thanks everyone!) on tips and tricks. While the whole demo was very basic and novice, I would say that it would have been to brief to really get any new user started. I honestly got a little bored with the amateur content but I was once too new at this. I think everyone should post their favorite trick or tip that they use AE for.

Below are a few screenshots.

psurplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #2
RedFly
PPC lover

RedFly is on a distinguished road
Yea, it was pretty basic but the few questions I had WERE answered and on the air too.

I did not get much value from it though but it was not a bad TS. Having to dial in was a pain in the arse though.

Oh, and they clearly didn't want to give away that jacket! (No email capture?).

My best tip would be to use AE even if you are happy with the standard web frontend. The Grouper and Duplicate tools are essential.
RedFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #3
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
I share the same thoughts.

Rename the webinar to "How to start using AE".
Tips and tricks? Uhm you mean copy and paste, pretty tricky.

The webinar was well produced but I think with a product like this you almost need a one on one because once the user goes beyond the basics their uses will vary greatly and so will the questions they would want answered in a training session like this. Pre survey question, how long and how often do you use AE. If the majority were first time users then G could have told some of us to wait for another session.

All that said, AE is a fantastic tool and I hope that none of my competition uses it. Cant believe the other bigs dont have ANYTHING like this!!!

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #4
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
On a somewhat related note, a question that G would not want to answer.
Does anyone know of a tool that can take the file google exports and convert it into a file for MSN and Or Yahoo?

Now that would be a valuable utility tool.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote