Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > Search Industry Growth & Trends
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007   #1
cryptblade
SEO, International SEO, Mobile SEO, SEO Stocks

cryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud of
SEO/SEM TV Commercial on CNBC

I just heard this commercial on CNBC. Wow - we search engine marketers have hit the "big" time now. Our industry got a playa with they own TV commercial!

But - apparently, I'm late on this cause someone posted this on Youtube already (here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=34V2sfmE5Fo ).

No comments on the video yet. But oh well. Anyway - so I am both excited and a little nervous. What brave new world lies ahead for search when the industry is now advertised in a TV commercial and not the secret new order of the world???
cryptblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #2
caugas
Trance/Dance Music makes the world move faster

caugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the rough
I just saw the commerical from your utube post. I think that SEM commerical is lame, and makes its sound like a late night sales commerical, they could have done a better job in my opnion.

But to your point, it's a start!!
caugas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #3
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Quote:
I just saw the commerical from your utube post. I think that SEM commerical is lame, and makes its sound like a late night sales commerical, they could have done a better job in my opnion.
Perhaps Oliver Lieb or Paul Oakenfold playing in the background would help spice things up a bit?
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #4
caugas

caugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by beu
Perhaps Oliver Lieb or Paul Oakenfold playing in the background would help spice things up a bit?

Beu,

It's nice to know that you keep up with your Dance Music, like you do with your SEO/SEM studies. I am starting to think you are a JACK-OF-ALL-TRADES.

Maybe I will catch you at the club next time I come down south!

Caugas,
Old 07-11-2007   #5
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by caugas
Beu,

It's nice to know that you keep up with your Dance Music, like you do with your SEO/SEM studies. I am starting to think you are a JACK-OF-ALL-TRADES.

Maybe I will catch you at the club next time I come down south!

Caugas,
Oh, whatever you are the Jack-of-all-trades! Honestly, it's kind of hard to live in the "ATL" and not keep up with the music industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_entertainers
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #6
cryptblade

cryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud of
Back in... 1998, 1999, my fraternity was the "trance house" and the "drug house" on campus because we played trance music. Mind you, hip-hop was absolutely DU JOUR so all the frat houses played it for parties except mine.

Then suddenly 2000, 2001 rolls around and EVERYBODY started playing trance. Clubs were full of it, cars rolled by blaring it. Clubs were full of steroid-roidheads on E and acting the fool.

By the time I stopped clubbing around 2002-2003, the trance craze seemed to be over.

I love trance but man - seems a lot harder to find good stuff these days.

But Beu - OF COURSE it sounds like a cheap late night sales pitch...cause it was! But don't worry - the Street already loves GOOG (especially with the acquisition of Postini) and they love Digital River (DRIV) - well for now anyway.

Interesting to see what is next. Anybody spot a newspaper ad for a search engine agency lately???
Old 07-11-2007   #7
caugas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptblade
Back in... 1998, 1999, my fraternity was the "trance house" and the "drug house" on campus because we played trance music. Mind you, hip-hop was absolutely DU JOUR so all the frat houses played it for parties except mine.

Then suddenly 2000, 2001 rolls around and EVERYBODY started playing trance. Clubs were full of it, cars rolled by blaring it. Clubs were full of steroid-roidheads on E and acting the fool.

By the time I stopped clubbing around 2002-2003, the trance craze seemed to be over.

I love trance but man - seems a lot harder to find good stuff these days.

But Beu - OF COURSE it sounds like a cheap late night sales pitch...cause it was! But don't worry - the Street already loves GOOG (especially with the acquisition of Postini) and they love Digital River (DRIV) - well for now anyway.

Interesting to see what is next. Anybody spot a newspaper ad for a search engine agency lately???
Cryptblade, sounds like you are the man, if I went to your university I would have certainly been hanging over your crib.................I was in school around the same time you were..........graduated in winter 1999 in Western North Carolina

As for trance, it's still around, you just got to turn over a few rocks, all the top DJ's in the world spin trance, at least the top 10 for sure see DJ LIST

If you ever are interested in finding some fantastic bootlegs of parties or shows around the world, I got a guy in San Diego, that rips em from their respective global broadcast.

One another note, I hope that we all get to meet someday and throw down, there are some cool people in this forum and in the industry.

As for SEO/SEM advertising, I personally think, that this has not currently been exploited like everyTHING else has, it's only a matter of time, maybe months until Search companies are popping up in the mass media.

Any thoughts Guys?

Last edited by caugas : 07-11-2007 at 05:00 PM. Reason: TYPO
Old 07-11-2007   #8
cryptblade

Caugus - would you believe I grew up in MA? Westwood MA to be exact. The last time I went clubbing was around...Waterworks (I think) and ... you know the whole deal with the Roxxy and the Fenway Park area clubs. Oh, and Tilt.

I dont know if they are still around. At this point, I just listen to the music. I dont get any flashbacks or anything - wasn't too big on the drugs scene at the clubs.

I still know people from my old days that are still doing this - nearly 30 years old. They have become what they used to laugh at (gosh) nearly 10 years ago.

But - I'm in VA Beach - so if y'all wanna have Pow Wow (Indaba as the Zulus called it) we should do it.
Old 07-11-2007   #9
cryptblade

I think it would be interesting to see if NY and Philly papers start getting newspaper ads for SEO, SEM, PPC, etc. THAT would be interesting to see.

Plus, with Google stretching it's hands over so many things, it's not inconceivable that things would go that way.

Brave new world...speaking of which, any of you catch the movie The Island with Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johanssen? In the movie, for their scene with a public video phone, the product placement ad was "MSN Search". I kid you not.

I think it's a slow progression but I think we will see more of the SEM/SEO industry in mainstream media (ads that is...)
Old 07-12-2007   #10
caugas

In Boston, on the T, (the trains) you see slight glimmers of SEM, as with the cell phone and mobile media providers mostly feature "Google SE" within a windows browsers in order to message mobile devices and the ability to search.

Then just last night on prime time, that is 9-10pm EST, I saw a very aggressive "yellow book" commercial, and they spoke directly to Search Engine Marketing.

However, never I have I seen such a "targeted commercial" as the link that you provided. That commercial was very targeted and spoke to all the small and mid sized business owners that wathc CNBC.

I think in the future, we will see more commercials like this, from companies like Did-it, Avenue A, Icrossing, Iprospect, just my opinion.

I kinda of take my hat of to that company featured in your link, because in a way they are pioneers in exploiting the channel.

I would assume that others will jump on that bandwagon.

On another subject, I was down in Virginia Beach a few years back, I liked it, and the beach was fantastic, great sand, water, and waves.

I actually live in Quincy MA, so I know exactly were Westwood is on 128.