Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2007   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
MSN Content Ads Go Live

Pun intended.

Today is the official launch of content ads on MSN's Adcenter so I wanted to give out a couple quick pointers on set up/editing because I know you will run into the same issues as I have.

Content match has been rolled out in Beta to a number of advertisers over the last several months. As of today June 28, it will be rolled out to the rest of adcenters advertisers.

If you’d like to turn off Content Ads at the campaign level quickly, follow these steps:
* Click the Campaigns tab.
* To change the settings for specific campaigns, select the check boxes next to those campaigns.
* Click Bulk edit.
* In the Edit settings for multiple campaigns section, from the Campaign settings drop-down list, select Content distribution, and click Apply.

If you want to keep content match on, but separate your bids from search and bid on individual keywords as well - A good choice in my opinion, follow these steps.

Go to Account
Campaigns
Select your adgroup you wish to work with
Click the button "EDIT BIDS"
Now click the link "ADVANCED BIDDING"
To set a single bid for ALL content keywords simply check the box
"Bid separately for ads displayed on content pages "
Now click the button below the check box "APPLY TO CONTENT"
NOTE: When you do this it appears as if your bid has not been accepted because the bid amount in the entry field reverts right back to the "search" bid amount. Although this is confusing, just go back to your campaign level view and you will see that your bids for content have in deed been changed.
LASTLY: At the bottom of the page click the SAVE button.
A pop up notice will state your changes have been saved.

If you wish to set bids for individual keywords on Content match:
You must select BOTH check boxes:

"Bid separately for ads displayed on content pages"
AND
"Bid for individual keywords"

This will trigger a list of all your keywords with a bid field to be displayed.
Adjust the bids accordingly and click save. Be sure to go back to your campaign level detail and make sure your changes were successful.

I will follow up shortly with a list of content partners you can expect your ads to be published on.

Discovery

Last edited by Discovery : 06-28-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote