Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2007   #1
me2

me2 is on a distinguished road
Banned, but allowed to participate in Paid Inclusion?

Our story goes like this...
1. Banned by Yahoo!
2. Made some changes
3. Given the opportunity to participate in Paid Inclusion, which you have to be good enough for regular inclusion to participate in.
4. Attempted regular inclusion...we were told NO.
5. Looking at Paid Inclusion again because we can advertise in the organic rankings with this product.

I do not quite understand this. Only sites that are good enough for regular inclusion can participate in paid inclusion, but we were denied regular reinclusion. Any thoughts?
me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #2
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Hmm... I wonder what this says about quality results!
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #3
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
5. Looking at Paid Inclusion again because we can advertise in the organic rankings with this product.
You're looking, but have you actually been accepted into the Paid Inclusion?
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #4
me2

Approved for PI, still banned.

Yes, we have been approved for paid inclusion. They are ready to start as soon as we give them the go ahead.
Old 07-11-2007   #5
me2

Reinclusion Success!

We have been miraculously reincluded and we are performing very well in the organic listings without paid inclusion!
Old 07-11-2007   #6
caugas
Trance/Dance Music makes the world move faster

caugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
We have been miraculously reincluded and we are performing very well in the organic listings without paid inclusion!
Good for you,if you don't mind me asking why where you banned from the Yahoo directory in the first place?

I also list high in the Yahoo "natural" directory for some of my keywords, and also leverage paid inclusion for some of the keywords I don't rank high for.

Those who know me, know I optimize my site for the Google engine, not the Yahoo directory.
caugas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #7
libraregular

libraregular is on a distinguished road
Sounds finctional...or a misunderstanding

I've been working on Yahoo SSP (Paid Inclusion) for several years now, and been through the process of many client rejections by the Yahoo editorial team. I must say this story sounds fictional. Yahoo is extremely diligent with who they allow into the program. The SSP program actually serves as a gate keeper, and in reality it cleanses up the internet from spammy sites that use any sort of black hat SEO tactics, or deliver poor user experience.
The work the Yahoo folks are doing is commendable in that sense.
Sometimes things fall between the cracks, and this is may be what you have experienced (and probably won't last long), but having gone through including hundreds of websites into the Yahoo SSP program, I can only testify that you can't pay your way in if you are exercising prohibited SEO tactics or simply don't mesure up to the highest web standards.
libraregular is offline   Reply With Quote