Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2007   #1
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
Who wants an AdWords Search Engine?

By now google must have a massive inventory of text ads, and growing every day. An "adwords search engine" would search this inventory and work like google - you enter a keyword and get back an SRP of all the (text) ads running on that keyword. Each ad would also show critical parameters, such as which network(s) it's running on, its geo-targeting and maybe the QS for the keyword.

The AdWords Search Engine would allow advertisers (and anyone else that's interested) to check out the worldwide ad market and competition.
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #2
Shmuel
PPC Manager

Shmuel is on a distinguished road
I think it's one of those nice ideas that we'll never see.
Shmuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #3
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
I thought there was already a way to do this. But I can't seem to put my finger on it at the moment....

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #4
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
Finding AdWords Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel66
I thought there was already a way to do this. But I can't seem to put my finger on it at the moment....

Melissa
You're probably thinking of the method described below. This is helpful but it's a very limited solution. I had a more general solution in mind.

Limited Solution:
Take keyword car as an example:

To find all ads on this keyword targeted to the United Kingdom click..
http://www.google.com/sponsoredlinks?q=car&gl=uk

To find all ads on this keyword targeted to the United States click..
http://www.google.com/sponsoredlinks?q=car&gl=us

To find all ads on this keyword targeted to London click..
http://www.google.com/sponsoredlinks...ENG&gcs=London

etc. etc.

It's hard work. I was looking at a more general solution for an "adwords search engine" - a "google like" solution that displays complete ad inventory worldwide for any keyword. Together with key operating parameters for each ad.

Advertisers might like this, and so might google, because it gives them something they are *always* looking for i.e. more ad distribution channels.

Just an idea.
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote