Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2007   #1
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
SES Toronto 2007 Unofficial Party Guide

As I've been busy with the program, I'm staying ignorant/lazy on the party planning front this year. But for those wanting a totally unsponsored walking pub event for Wed. June 13, I've created SearchCrawl 2007. I admit it isn't exactly open source, but it is pretty modular and informal... use it as you like... scroll to bottom for link to customized map.

--
(Suggested route only. Consult your physician. I make no representations or claims as to entertainment value or safety of this plan. Have a great time wherever you are!)

SES Toronto has a few private parties, but no major public bashes that I'm hearing about. The big three search engines have all decided not to host a major party this year. That just means Canadians should spend a bit more on search in 2007, so these poor companies can save up for next year’s conference, I guess.

I was a bit worried that any impromptu plan might result in (a) people just going to something lame within steps of the conference hotel; (b) everyone trying to descend at once upon a single venue. So, I’m going to suggest this “route” of five places to try, or if you want, a menu of choices. That way you’re sure to bump into other SES folks.

Proposed methodology: start at the first place, and proceed, at the recommended time or a time of your choosing. Or, start at the second or third place. This should introduce enough randomness that no one venue will be overwhelmed with searchies.

And now back to focusing on the content.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,0.014591&z=16
andrewgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #2
BlueSkyVista

BlueSkyVista is on a distinguished road
Good Bar

There is a nice little unpretentious bar called Pipers on the ground level with good beer and a pool table. Reading about AG's Goldilocks Theory right now while drinking a cold one.
BlueSkyVista is offline   Reply With Quote