Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdSense
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2004   #1
aviener
President - Imwave.com | Co-Editor - Goyami.com

aviener has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Cool Paid Inclusion on Google, how about Free Inclusion in 24 hours!

Moderation Note: I split this thread off out the Google - Paid inclusion? thread in the Google AdWords forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon
Someone came to me and said they thought Google offers paid-inclusion, like Yahoo. I don't recall seeing information that supports this. In fact, from the information I do keep up with, I think the opposite is true--that Google is one of the last SEs to NOT offer paid-inclusion in their serps.

So can somebody please confirm which side of the fence G is on regarding paid-inclusion? Thanks!
Officially, Google does not offer Paid inclusion into their directory, but I did stubmle across a "work around" for this.

So now you can get into their "index" within 24 hours, free. Just add a little Adsense spider bait to your site.

Enjoy!

Adam

Last edited by rustybrick : 09-24-2004 at 09:51 AM. Reason: added mod note at the top
aviener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Interesting find Adam I think I will be testing this out!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #3
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviener
Officially, Google does not offer Paid inclusion into their directory, but I did stubmle across a "work around" for this.

So now you can get into their "index" within 24 hours, free. Just add a little Adsense spider bait to your site.

Enjoy!

Adam
I was told that the spiders and databases are separate of one another to where adding AdSense does not get you spidered by the regular spider. also with my blog I noticed no significant difference between time to index when I had the ads and when I did not. my other site was not as active and some pages with ads were not indexed quickly.
Old 09-24-2004   #4
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
Yes, I can confirm that too: The two spiders are not the same. The spider used for AdSense is not crawling for the main (organic) index. So the "trick" is hoax
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Wow, what misinformation. AdSense ads, do not help you get in the Google index. Google has come out and said this, I believe.

But it is a theory that has some logic behind it.

However, there is no evidence to support this.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #6
aviener
President - Imwave.com | Co-Editor - Goyami.com

aviener has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Misinformation or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
Wow, what misinformation. AdSense ads, do not help you get in the Google index. Google has come out and said this, I believe.

But it is a theory that has some logic behind it.

However, there is no evidence to support this.
The spiders may not be the same, but Google told me directly, that if your page is not in Google's main index, than it doesn't know what Adwords to display, so the theory is that once the spider knows about your site, it will get into the index on their next update.

Has anyone else tested this to see if it works or not?

Adam
aviener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #7
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
I did test it out. I put up a site, didn't link to it from anywhere. Put up adsense and months later it did not get included in the index.

Now it is, but I bet someone linked to it. This is months later. So, I believe this theory to be wrong.

Of course, maybe it didn't work with my single test - that is always a possibility.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #8
David Wallace

David Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to behold
The AdSense spider, mechanism or whatever you want to call it, is smart enough to understand what a page is about in order to deliver relevant ads, whether that page is in the index or not. I have tested this and confirm this to be true.

So no, having AdSense ads on a page or a site will not have any affect on indexing for the regular search index.
David Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #9
creativecraig
Who said that..?

creativecraig is on a distinguished road
I agree with David. The adsene system must use a heavily modified page analyser to read keywords in all of the different tags on the page.

I too get targetted ads with no links to the page or traffic when the page first goes online, this can only be from adsense interpreting the content on the page.
creativecraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #10
optimizemysite

optimizemysite is on a distinguished road
2 Different Bots

I read in some other forums on Webmaster World that Google has 2 bots. 1 for ad sense and 1 for SERPS. Can anybody confirm this by checking their web logs? Supposedly the User Agents have different names...
optimizemysite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #11
creativecraig
Who said that..?

The mediabot takes care of adsense spidering. It is a seperate spider from the normal crawling.
Old 09-28-2004   #12
Mel
Just the facts ma'm

Mel is just really niceMel is just really niceMel is just really niceMel is just really nice
Being the devils advocate for a moment it would make sense that pages not in the Google index are not as likely to get as much traffic as those that are, and thus Google should have an interest in seeing that such pages are included in the index.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #13
creativecraig
Who said that..?

It would just be another way for a webmaster to manipulate Google, run adsense and your in.
Old 10-10-2004   #14
olyzhan
olet

olyzhan is on a distinguished road
Adsense and Indexing

Adsense definitely does not get you indexed quickly. I signed in for the Adsense program as soon as I launched my site (on the 26 of August) but indexing has proceeded at a normal rate. Googlebot visits my site about once every four days and at the end of the month, sites are indexed. This, I believe is standard for most websites.

Last edited by Elisabeth : 10-10-2004 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Edited sig link out
olyzhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #15
rcjordan
There are a lot of truths out there. Just choose one that suits you. -Wes Allison

rcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to allrcjordan is a name known to all
>Does AdSense Get A Site Index by Google Quicker

Doesn't
rcjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #16
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
If your ads go out in AdSense and that site gets spidered then there is a link to you which may help the process.
But putting AdSense on a page and think it is a Google magnet is not on.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote