Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2007   #1
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
Audio Ads (aka "Radio Ads") are live!

I signed into one of my adwords accounts over the weekend and found a new tab - "Audio Ads". So I guess the long awaited Radio Ads are now live. Google is taking the correct approach and providing much introduction, education and demo material to try and get advertisers started. Anyone else seeing the Audio Ads Tab? Anyone running these ads? If so, please post your experiences.

Last edited by abbottsys : 05-14-2007 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
I see it as well. So do many others.

Anyone outside the US see it?
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007   #3
Toure
The PPCBlogger

Toure has a spectacular aura aboutToure has a spectacular aura about
Not here...yet (UK).

Toure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007   #4
psurplus

psurplus is on a distinguished road
I am still waiting for my tab to show up. I recently was given the Print Ads tab.

I was so excited when I went to Google and saw the radio ads being released, and that was a year ago, its finally here now. This is almost like Christmas!
psurplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007   #5
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
Vote for me, I'm on adwords!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurplus
..... This is almost like Christmas!
Indeed. I have the Audio Ads Tab on my personal account at home, but not on my business account. My company does quite a bit of radio advertising, so they are now asking me to check out the details at home in the evening.

Another interesting comment on these things. The audio format has been very slow to take off while in beta. Now it's live it will need a major push. And it occured to me that the upcoming U.S. Presidential campaign season may do just that. Let's face it, all the political campaign managers will be looking for fast, low cost, controllable ways to get a message out. So Adwords Audio Ads may find their voice!
Old 05-15-2007   #6
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
This is showing signs of becoming another fascinating thread.

I'll make sure that the Audio Ads team sees it, and I can assure you they'll happily learn from your comments, whether 'glowing' or 'not-so-glowing'.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #7
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdWordsRep
This is showing signs of becoming another fascinating thread.

I'll make sure that the Audio Ads team sees it, and I can assure you they'll happily learn from your comments, whether 'glowing' or 'not-so-glowing'.

AWR

Sorry for the dumb question but, how can I hear one of these ding dang audio ads?
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #8
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by beu
Sorry for the dumb question but, how can I hear one of these ding dang audio ads?
On your radio.
Old 05-16-2007   #9
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
On your radio.
I figured that, has google made a list of stations public?
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #10
AdWordsRep

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Quote:
Quote:
On your radio
Hahah! Good one, rustybrick. (AWR slaps knee)

But seriously, beu - even if you were to hear one of these ads, you would not know it came from AdWords, as the ads are not identified with any sort of 'Ads by Google' tag.

There is as sample ad that you can listen to, however, on the "Create a custom radio ad" section of this page:
http://www.google.com/adwords/audioads/index.html

BTW, here are a couple of recent Inside AdWords blog posts for more info on the general topic of Audio Ads:

* Google Audio Ads: Questions & Answers
http://adwords.blogspot.com/2007/04/...s-answers.html

* On the radio: more on Audio Ads:
http://adwords.blogspot.com/2007/04/...audio-ads.html

AWR
Old 05-16-2007   #11
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Hello, this is Dr. Smith...

Well, I played with audio ads on my personal adwords account and sent a report to the folks in our company who manage radio advertising (we do not yet have the Audio Ads Tab live on the company account - I guess because google is doing a phased rollout?).

Anyway, their response was to send me an audio file and to "get it live asap to test". We're in a very specialized branch of healthcare, so who knows what could happen. LOL!!!

This is all good, but I still contend that audio ads will find their market in the upcoming U.S. presidential season. Anyone want to get a jump on a major new opportunity?

Last edited by abbottsys : 05-16-2007 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-17-2007   #12
rustybrick

Quote:
Hahah! Good one, rustybrick. (AWR slaps knee)
Sometimes I try to be funny.
Old 05-17-2007   #13
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Sometimes I try to be funny.
So you were doing stand up last night....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007   #14
rustybrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster
So you were doing stand up last night....
Also, I try to be funny when sitting in a computer chair.
Old 05-19-2007   #15
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Also, I try to be funny when sitting in a computer chair.
fair enough.... we missed you the other night
Old 05-21-2007   #16
rustybrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster
fair enough.... we missed you the other night
Awww.

I missed you to.
Old 05-21-2007   #17
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Awww.

I missed you to.
I would hope so......
Old 05-21-2007   #18
AdWordsRep

OK, I am going to make a gentle (though not so subtle) attempt to bring this thread back on-topic - as I (for one, at least) was was really interested in hearing about various experiences with Audio Ads, whether good or not-so-good.

Forgive me if that's inappropriate.

AWR
Old 05-21-2007   #19
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

Quote:
OK, I am going to make a gentle (though not so subtle) attempt to bring this thread back on-topic - as I (for one, at least) was was really interested in hearing about various experiences with Audio Ads, whether good or not-so-good.

AWR
Thanks AWR. I checked with our ad folks, and apparently all our radio ad inventory is 60sec spots. So I can't use it to test since I'm pretty sure the adwords audio ads require 30sec format. Pity, I have no results to report. Does anyone else have results with the new google audio ads? Please post your experiences, we want to hear from you.
Old 05-22-2007   #20
rustybrick

Quote:

AWR
LOL - moderating moderators. ;-)

What may look like idle chatter is our very sophisticated attempt at keeping this thread at the top of this forum, in order to get some feedback on audio ads.

so anyone have any feedback?