Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2007   #1
curiousgeo

curiousgeo is on a distinguished road
How to Safely Delegate Google AdWords Management

I own a small business that sells digital info products online.

For the last several years, I’ve always setup and managed my own Google AdWords campaigns and ad groups. In the early years, when I could devote the proper time, we did very well with AdWords.

As time went on and I got pulled in many different directions with other non-PPC-related aspects of the business, ROI declined. I sense that Google AdWords could still work very well for us, if someone competent would just put in a good 10-15 hours/week.

So I’m looking to outsource this task.

But in the process, a few control-related questions have come up.

What’s the safest way to delegate Google AdWords management?
For example, how do I keep the consultant out of the credit card AND budgeting settings?

If I wanted them for example to prove themselves at a $2,500/month budget, before allowing them to move onto a $5,000/month budget, is there a way to “enforce” this in the interface?

Also, what’s the safest way to protect our account and proprietary data if things don’t go as well as planned? To avoid a “blackmail” type of scenarios and messy legal issues?

I’m looking to hear both from SMB’s who’ve outsourced successfully (vs. unsuccessfully), as well as insiders on dealing with the good, bad and the ugly of outsourced delegated Google AdWords management.

Thanks
curiousgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007   #2
Toure
The PPCBlogger

Toure has a spectacular aura aboutToure has a spectacular aura about
For a start, you need to find a reputable agency/consultant who has experience in managing PPC campaigns and delivering results. All the above issues you speak of, should not be a problem at all if you take the time to pick the right agency/consultant in the first place.

Quote:
What’s the safest way to delegate Google AdWords management?
For example, how do I keep the consultant out of the credit card AND budgeting settings?
After you insert your credit card details, they cannot be viewed in complete detail. So in this respect another party cannot obtain your full CC details anyway. However, there are no persmission or user settings that provide different access levels or rights.

If you go with an agency and have credit insurance the chances are you will be billed at the end of the month anyway and won't need your credit card.

Quote:
If I wanted them for example to prove themselves at a $2,500/month budget, before allowing them to move onto a $5,000/month budget, is there a way to “enforce” this in the interface?
You can't specifically enforce anything within the interface so to speak. Google only uses daily campaign budgets. But you can prepay a set amount into your account so you don't spend more than you want.

But the easiest thing to do would be to sign off a contract for a fixed agreed budget with the agency or consultant. That way you enter a legal binding contract meaning you are pretty safe.

Quote:
Also, what’s the safest way to protect our account and proprietary data if things don’t go as well as planned? To avoid a “blackmail” type of scenarios and messy legal issues?
Again, this should not be an issue with someone reputable. Sign a legal contract for a trial period to start with for an agreed fixed budget. As much as you need to protect yourself/business, an agency/consultant will need to do the same themselves.
Toure is offline   Reply With Quote