Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2004   #1
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
Toolbar scripting vulnerability

Reports are being made that the Google Toolbar has an exploit that can allow the execution of unauthorised scripts via the toolbar itself:

http://www.securitytracker.com/alert...p/1011351.html
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/11210
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004   #2
Dodger
Honorary Member

Dodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura about
Yes but, this can only be accomplished via the local zone -- and not from a remote location such as a malicious website. A person must first gain access to your machine. I can think of a lot more things to do to a machine that I have access to than exploiting ones Googlebar.
Old 09-22-2004   #3
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
Quote:
I can think of a lot more things to do to a machine that I have access to than exploiting ones Googlebar.
Absolutely! Once someone gets this far you are busted - toolbar or no toolbar!
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #4
Dodger
Honorary Member

Dodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura about
Update to this vulnerability in this thread.