Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2007   #1
hardcase2

hardcase2 is on a distinguished road
Smile Crosslinking My Two Sites (help!), crosslinking .nl and/.com

Hello, I've a couple of questions:

Question 1:
I own a site on a .nl-domain (dutch) and now I've tranlated my site into english and I would like to crosslink my .com-domain and .nl-domain from the indexpages of both sites.
So there will be a crosslink only from the indexpages of both websites. Will this do any harm considering search engine results (google, yahoo etc.) and google pagerank?

Note: at this point I do not have any inbound/outbound links on both sites and both sites share the same IP-address and hosting...

Question 2:
Assume I make an "ENGLISH" button/link on each dutch page to refer the costumer to the exact same page in English and vice versa for a "DUTCH" button.

a) is that artificially creating a lot of inbound links to raise your google pageranking and will you get a penalty?

Yahoo says you should not excessively cross-linking sites to inflate a site's apparent popularity? Isn't this the case with an "english" / "dutch" button on each page.

Note: at this point I do not have any inbound/outbound links on both sites and both sites share the same IP-address and hosting...

[sig removed]

Last edited by Marcia : 05-06-2007 at 06:51 AM. Reason: No sigs, please.
hardcase2 is offline   Reply With Quote