Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2007   #1
oliflorence

oliflorence is on a distinguished road
Looking for good tutorial on adwords

Hi,
I know there is 100's of tutorials, books, dvd's etc out there on using adwords efficiently but I am wondering could anyone recommand one
Many thanks
oliflorence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #2
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Andrew Goodman's book, "Winning Results with Google Adwords," is a great place to start. He has other helpful resources on his web site, too, at page-zero.com. (I'm not an affiliate, just a satisfied customer!)

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007   #3
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Quote:
I know there is 100's of tutorials, books, dvd's etc out there on using adwords efficiently but I am wondering could anyone recommand one
I would probably be remiss if I didn't at least mention these two resources:

* The searchable AdWords Help Center: http://adwords.google.com/support/

* AdWords Learning Center - catalog of text and multimedia lessons: http://www.google.com/adwords/learningcenter/

In my opinion these resources have at least three things to recommend them:

1) They are free.

2) They are created by the same folks who created AdWords - making them quite accurate.

3) The are updated very quickly as the product evolves, which it does on an ongoing basis - making them up-to-date.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007   #4
oliflorence

oliflorence is on a distinguished road
Thank you, I will have a go at both
Regards,
oliflorence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007   #5
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Funny they were the two resources I was going to recommend... Andrew's book will give you some strategy ideas.... the AdWord Learning center will show you how to work adwords.... by the time you finish both you should be able to get a solid score on the AdWords Professional test!!!

And know how to use AdWords effectively.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007   #6
GilbertZ

GilbertZ is on a distinguished road
ewhisper

ewhisper is the guy. Very knowledgeable on this topic. I'd drop the link but I'm new here and not sure what the etiquette is on link dropping. But google ewhisper and you'll find him right away. His name is Brad.
GilbertZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007   #7
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
http://www.ewhisper.net/

Brad does the AdWords Seminars you can check out through Google.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote