Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2007   #1
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Getting Ready For SMX Seattle

Yay, finally a reason to visit Seattle on expenses

So who's going to this first SMX Advanced conference and what are your plans? I've had my flights booked and conference pass paid for (don't think I'm speaking at this one), although I only usually find out when I'm flying about a week before the conference date

The last time I looked, the recommended hotels look a little pricey, we may opt for the Marriott down the road instead. I stayed in a non-conference hotel for SES NYC (Sheraton instead of Hilton) and it worked out easier than I thought. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll ask Rand if I can sleep on the floor of his office

Last edited by evilgreenmonkey : 04-23-2007 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Added links
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
I'll be there.

Need to look into booking the hotel soon.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #3
shorebreak

shorebreak will become famous soon enough
I'm going

I'll be there and will be debating "Is Bid Management Dead?" on Day 2 (June 5th) at 4:30pm. Details http://searchmarketingexpo.com/smx_a...a.shtml#bidmgt .
shorebreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #4
Tamar Weinberg

Tamar Weinberg has a spectacular aura aboutTamar Weinberg has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
I'll be there.

Need to look into booking the hotel soon.
I'm going with that guy ^^^^^

Tamar Weinberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #5
ghoti

ghoti is on a distinguished road
I'll be there as well... I'm pretty new to SEM, and this'll be the first (but not last) conference I'll be attending.

I opted for the Edgewater Hotel mostly because of the convenience. Still have to book the flight and read The n00bies Guide to SEO Conferences, if there is one.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #6
pleeker
www.SmallBusinessSEM.com

pleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the rough
I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of you up in my neck of the woods. :-)

On a related note, I'm thinking about organizing a group to go see the Mariners baseball game on Sunday the 3rd at 1:00 pm. If you've never seen Safeco Field in person, I recommend it highly -- much more highly than seeing the team that plays there, in fact.

Ping me if interested.....

- Matt
pleeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #7
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti
I opted for the Edgewater Hotel mostly because of the convenience. Still have to book the flight and read The n00bies Guide to SEO Conferences, if there is one.
FWIW, the Marriott is just as convienent as the Edgewater, and it's a nice marriott, but the Edgewater is a cool hotel - even if you don't stay there, I recommend going to the comfortable lounge for a martini and apps, with a scenic view.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007   #8
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti
I'm pretty new to SEM, and this'll be the first
Depending on your current level of knowledge, you may want to attend one of the SES conferences prior to the SMX Advanced event as the conference is aimed at people who already know the basics and have been working in the industry for a while. I'd still recommend attending SMX although you'll want to make sure that you have a certain level of knowledge before walking into one of the sessions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleeker
On a related note, I'm thinking about organizing a group to go see the Mariners baseball game on Sunday the 3rd at 1:00 pm. If you've never seen Safeco Field in person, I recommend it highly -- much more highly than seeing the team that plays there, in fact.
Sounds fun, how are the Mariners doing this season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisabeth
FWIW, the Marriott is just as convienent as the Edgewater
I get reward points for staying at Marriott hotels as well, which is always a nice bonus. Maybe we should bring our Tuxedos if we're going to be drinking Martinis.
Old 04-24-2007   #9
egain

egain is on a distinguished road
Any plans for an SMX event in the UK in the near future?

Not sure my expenses will get me as far Seattle... Dublin is about as far as I will get
egain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007   #10
evilgreenmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by egain
Any plans for an SMX event in the UK in the near future?
I thought that the first SMX may be held in London, although I'm guessing it's easier to find sponsors in the US than the UK. Perhaps there will be one next year?
Old 04-24-2007   #11
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Didn't book our (Tamar and I) flights yet... But thinking of landing around 11pm Sunday night and jetting out Tuesday night on a red eye back to NY.
Old 04-24-2007   #12
Tamar Weinberg

Tamar Weinberg has a spectacular aura aboutTamar Weinberg has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of you up in my neck of the woods. :-)

Ping me if interested.....

- Matt
I'll be there in spirit.
Tamar Weinberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007   #13
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
I'll be there, thanks to Search Engine Land!

http://searchengineland.com/070306-173946.php

I'm staying at the Edgewater. If all goes well, I'll be there in time for the networking on Sunday. I hope to see many of you there!

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007   #14
pleeker
www.SmallBusinessSEM.com

pleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the roughpleeker is a jewel in the rough
Sounds fun, how are the Mariners doing this season?

Meh. They have no pitching at all. If you can throw a baseball 60 feet and put it over an 18-inch wide piece of rubber, contact the team headquarters.

thinking of landing around 11pm Sunday night and jetting out Tuesday night on a red eye back to NY.

That doesn't sound very social, Barry.
pleeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #15
rustybrick

Quote:
thinking of landing around 11pm Sunday night and jetting out Tuesday night on a red eye back to NY.

That doesn't sound very social, Barry.
You know me... Mr. Social...
Old 04-26-2007   #16
sherrillh
Let's go shopping!

sherrillh is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Good Stuff

I'll be attending, staying at the Warwick hotel, anyone else? I need a cab buddy or even a walking buddy, maybe even a drinking buddy

This is looking to be a very good event, great speakers, good turnout (I think I saw someone from MTV going to be there), and even better networking.

Mariners Schmariners, I'd rather get a tour of the Rainier Brewery or even the Red Hook Brewery
sherrillh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #17
ghoti

ghoti is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgreenmonkey
Depending on your current level of knowledge, you may want to attend one of the SES conferences prior to the SMX Advanced event as the conference is aimed at people who already know the basics and have been working in the industry for a while. I'd still recommend attending SMX although you'll want to make sure that you have a certain level of knowledge before walking into one of the sessions.
That's a good point... I'll be fine with the SMX sessions, though. SES is coming here to Toronto the following week, but I don't think I'd get enough value out of the planned sessions there so I'll probably only drop by the exhibit floor.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to SMX and getting to see the wet coast.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #18
sitecreations
Scott Clark

sitecreations is on a distinguished road
I'll be there - but I'll be 'the new guy'

I know lots of you from the web, but have never met in person.

I'm flying over from Kentucky and treating this as an opportunity to meet all the people I cyber-circulate with. I've been doing search forever, but in a far-too-isolated way.

Nobody pays my tab, so I don't get to go to many conferences. I couldn't miss the first SMX though.

Scott Clark
sitecreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007   #19
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitecreations
I know lots of you from the web, but have never met in person.

I'm flying over from Kentucky and treating this as an opportunity to meet all the people I cyber-circulate with. I've been doing search forever, but in a far-too-isolated way.

Scott Clark
Scott, you should come to SEW Live in Columbus OH this wednesday then, if you want to make the drive. It's perfect - meet some of the regular conference crew,and it's super cheap compared to the other shows.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #20
algoholic
(hopefully) Under the radar

algoholic is on a distinguished road
Coming

Will be there with the family, still looking for an Hotel...
See you.
algoholic is offline   Reply With Quote