Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2007   #1
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Writer Brags about HackerSafe Link Juice?

Is it just me or is this one of the craziest articles ever written? (Note added: the point of this thread is to discuss the article. See comment #4 for additional information from Hacker Safe)
http://www.dmnews.com/cms/dm-news/se...ing/40746.html

I don't mean to be mean, but jeez IF** this kind of stuff is working:

1. Don't tell anyone about it, except your buddy Chris

and

2. Definitely don't tell the world!

Google just gathered up another 3.1B worth of the world, and their chief warning officer Matt Cutts has been talking about buying paid links recently. What if an announcement such as this, which I found at Sara Holoubek's "SearchBuzz," (an email newsletter) causes G and others to start analyzing other such association/certification type links and devalue them since people are gaming them.

Eventually, with all these different kinds of links for Google to devalue, content or age factors will need to play an increasing role in the algorithm.

Thoughts?

(**I am not totally buying this as being the sole or even a major reason for the success of the site...)
(Additionally, upon re-reading the article, I do want to point out that they may have good data in reporting the increased conversion rate, and it likely being affected by the HackerSafe logo. The part about the High PR links is when the writer seems to have accidentally fallen into a bowl of crack.)

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 04-18-2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: added note
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #2
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Boggs
Thoughts?
There is a good chance that pages on the Hackersafe site won't be transferring PR in the near future...
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #3
BuckfastMonk
test, test, test, test, test, test, change. test, test, test, test, test, change

BuckfastMonk will become famous soon enough
. . .

yup, good for conversion rates but increasing your rankings? lol no, not buying it
BuckfastMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #4
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
I wanted to follow up on this after speaking with someone over at Scan Alert. It seems that there may have been some misstatements in the DM News article that I cited. They have a policy that they cannot respond within forums or blogs, so I wanted people to know that to me it sounds like they legitimately were misquoted here.

One thing that they stress is the conversion factor associated with the use of the logo, and it sounds like they have a nice sample of data to back that up.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
So what do you call this statement on their site at http://www.scanalert.com/site/en/certification/intro/

hmmmm
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #6
scamalert

scamalert is on a distinguished road
Hi All,

Just letting you know I consider what ScanAlert does as <snip>.

They have made some big claims over the years but this one was amazing.

I wanted to check them out for our clients.

I spoke with their CEO and their "PR" man over some issues our ISP had with their scan.

They advised that our ISP needed to come into the 21st Century.

The ISP was the one they use.

Go figure.

When confronted by this they had nothing to say......

Last edited by Marcia : 05-19-2007 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Edited to keep the discussion objective rather than using emotionally charged expletives.
scamalert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007   #7
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
When you're saying ISP are you referring to your (or their) internet connection or are you referring to the web host?

There's a big difference between the two.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote