Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC Ads)
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2007   #1
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough
What ever happened to "assists"?

When Yahoo! first showed me a demo of the new Panama system, they told me about "assists" that they were gong to track. These being terms that were clicked early in the buying cycle that led to conversions at a later date.

Are these available from Yahoo Analytics? Does anyone remember hearing anything about this or am I going crazy?
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007   #2
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
I have a vague recollection of the Yahoo folks talking about that during one of the Panama webinars, but I haven't heard anything about it since.

We don't use Yahoo's conversion tracker, though. But it sounds like a great feature.

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #3
YahooPete

YahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the roughYahooPete is a jewel in the rough
Yahoo! "Assists" Reports

Hi there “PPC”,

Thanks for the feedback. I saw your post “What ever happened to ‘assists?”

Yahoo! analytics does provide an ‘Assists’ report. An Assist is recorded when a keyword is used early in the search funnel, but the conversion is attributed to a keyword search deeper in the sales funnel.

For example, a consumer searches on the term “hotel,” looks at the offers on your site, then later returns to your site via the search term “W Hotel Times Square” to book a room. The conversion is attributed to the keyword “W Hotel Times Square” while the “Assist” is attributed to the term “hotel.”

Many of our advertisers have found that Assists report to be extremely valuable in discovering the key terms that help drive conversion and brand awareness.

Note: In order to receive the ‘Assists’ report, an advertiser must be using Full Analytics. If the advertiser does not have Full Analytics as an option, they can reach out to their account manager for more information.

For support on implementing Full Analytics, please send an email request to analytics@yahoo-inc.com

Hope this helps
YahooPete
YahooPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #4
PPC

Thanks for the explanation, Pete.
Old 05-17-2007   #5
PPC

Looks like Yahoo now displays assists in its reports for users who have conversion tracking enabled.