Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2007   #1
rgordimer

rgordimer is on a distinguished road
What to look for in a SEO Firm?

My company has narrowed down our SEO firm search and I want to put together a grid to compare the different firms. What are some things I should be looking for and what types of questions do you think would be good to ask during our next set of meetings with the SEO firms. Any advice would be helpful.

Sincerely,

SEO Newbie
rgordimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #2
David Wallace

David Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to behold
I wrote an article a while back on this very subject that you might find helpful - Look Before You Leap - What to Look For and Look Out For When Choosing an SEO/SEM Firm.
David Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #3
rgordimer

rgordimer is on a distinguished road
Thanks David - I will take a look at that now.
rgordimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #4
sem44

sem44 is on a distinguished road
seo firm ?'s

I few questions and areas to talk about are:

Do they have clients in your category and type of business
For example are you a e commerce company with 5000 products vs manufacturing company seeking leads.

Do you have a site already existing or will they have to design it from the ground up. You may need an seo/design firm vs someone doing seo only

How do they integrate ppc results with seo? In my opinion, I wouldn't launch any seo campaign until you determine which phrases convert using ppc. you can find variations of the converting phrases and type...(such as long tail phrases vs 2 word phrases} to expand your seo efforts.

How are they going to integrate seo with conversion tracking.

A phone call with the companies you have selected to determine if they are more of lets do seo only or do they offer strategic advice along with seo.

Are they a company that does seo only or ppc and seo.

Hope it helps.
sem44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #5
SanDiegoSEO

SanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the roughSanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the roughSanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the roughSanDiegoSEO is a jewel in the rough
Make sure they're willing to tell you what they're going to do before you sign a contract. Firms that are unwilling to do so may be up to stuff you don't want. There is enough informaiton out on the interenet to find out everything that should be used, but if they're unwilling to share it with you until you have already signed, you may not get what you're expecting.
SanDiegoSEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #6
caugas
Trance/Dance Music makes the world move faster

caugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the rough
Good Question, and Goog Advice so far

In my opinion, I would not lock up any 1 year deals or contracts in excess of $150,000k. I hear in some many instance firms wanting upward to 200k for 1 years worth of advice........ It makes sense to spend 1 time money for future visitors and potential monies, but IMO I would hire an SEO in-house, so he can work closer with all departments in educating and stragety.
They have seperate pricing for smaller clients, so being a be brand can hurt you if you are not carefull.

14 Questions to ASK

Questions to ask you SEO company
caugas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #7
Ar3d
SP3ED

Ar3d is on a distinguished road
Smile hello

The firm that could give you a ROI for your investment which is the most important for you..

Last edited by Marcia : 03-24-2007 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Link drop removed.
Ar3d is offline   Reply With Quote