Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2007   #1
scrubs
UK

scrubs is on a distinguished road
Experience with htdig-noindex?

Hi,

I have recently come across a meta tag called: <meta name="htdig-noindex">

Does anyone on the forum have any experience of using this in their pages? The site in question has the tags which have recently lost some pages in the index. I feel this may be just coincidence but I just wanted to cross this off as a reason for causing it.

Last edited by scrubs : 03-21-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling
scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of
htdig-noindex is a meta property specific to the htdig search engine. No other bots should obey it, so yeah, you should be able to cross it off your list.

You should try to find why it was included in the first place (most probably because the site was/is using htdig). If the site is no longer using htdig, find if there is any other reason not to remove it.
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote