Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2007   #1
guinanie
SEO

guinanie is on a distinguished road
Exchange link with PR0 , it does affect the site pagerank?

If I exchange link with PR0 , it does affect the site pagerank?
guinanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #2
BuckfastMonk
test, test, test, test, test, test, change. test, test, test, test, test, change

BuckfastMonk will become famous soon enough
. . .

How long is a piece of string? I mean this will be dependent on numerous issues. You need to form your own conclusions in realtion to what the site can offer. Don't gather links based on PR

Last edited by ryanmcmaster : 03-20-2007 at 07:43 AM.
BuckfastMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #3
ExposureTim
TimDineen

ExposureTim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Don't gather links based on PR
Perfect!

Don't gather links based on PR - request links when they may be relevant to your audience. Let Google figure out if the link is legit and relevant. (if it's not relevant, no harm done.)
ExposureTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #4
Xyone

Xyone is on a distinguished road
PR is relevant.....

As with every other topic on here, im going to give some contradictory advice. I say dont link with PR 0 sites. Really whats the point, although we talk about SEO its really google optimization we are interested in, so why link with a site that A) google hasnt indexed or B) google doesnt view as important.

Its all a matter of opinion, but i think if you concentrate on the PR 3+ sites, that are still relevant to your site, this will have a much stronger effect on your PR and your google listings. No matter what your field, there enough sites out there to link to with PR, so stick to these.

Hope this helps, and doesnt just confuse the matter even more for you!
Xyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #5
BuckfastMonk
test, test, test, test, test, test, change. test, test, test, test, test, change

. . .

What happens if that pr 0 site becomes a pr 8 site? What are your chances of getting that link then? What if that pr 0 site is exactly what will benefit your users? What if the pr 0 site becomes the authority in your niche and has a link directly to your website?

The simple fact is, If you base your link analysis on pr factors alone, you will fail. Ignore the last post
Old 03-27-2007   #6
Xyone

Xyone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExposureTim
Perfect!

Don't gather links based on PR - request links when they may be relevant to your audience. Let Google figure out if the link is legit and relevant. (if it's not relevant, no harm done.)
If its got a PR 0, then google doesnt see it, never mind have an opinion on it.

The original question was does linking with PR 0 sites effect your own PR, the answer is yes, if you continually link to PR 0 sites, this will in turn affect your site, in a derogatory way.

And just so you know, in no way did i say to base a linking stratergy on PR alone, but it is a factor and an influential one, that HAS to be taken into account.

Ignore the last post!
Xyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #7
BuckfastMonk

. . .

lol there is no use in attempting to answer the question now when you originally posted dump advice - you should have just answered with your previous comments the first time round!

You are looking at this the wrong way though - think users not search engines. Google PR is only a gimick that people take too seriously, judging webpage merit on PR. I know you wouldn't do this xyone

We will agree to disagree on this one

Anyhow, of to the local guiness house!
Old 03-27-2007   #8
jimbeetle

jimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud ofjimbeetle has much to be proud of
Quote:
If its got a PR 0, then google doesnt see it, never mind have an opinion on it.
Not quite. G usually uses the gray bar to indicate pages not in the index (I don't have the toolbar installed and I forget the exactly wording of the tool tip.). If a page's tbpr shows as "0", then Google does know about it. It very well might be that Google's opinion is that it is a new, with few links and the internal calculated PR might actually be .3 or .4. As noted above, that leaves plenty of room for growth and future benefits.

Quote:
The original question was does linking with PR 0 sites effect your own PR, the answer is yes, if you continually link to PR 0 sites, this will in turn affect your site, in a derogatory way.
A page's PR is based solely on the PR passed by incoming links, external links are not in the equation.

Best bet: If it looks and feels like a quality site with potential, if it's in the index, if you see it is starting to build backlinks, if the content complements yours and might be of interest to your site visitors, then there is no reason at all not to link to it.
jimbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote