Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2007   #1
lizcamps
Online Marketing Manager at Yodle.com

lizcamps is on a distinguished road
"This site may harm your computer" - quickest remedies?

Hi all,
One of my clients has a web site which we know has no malware on it (I can forward URL privately to whomever wants to look at it). Yet in the natural Google search results, Google shows a link under the headline of the result, saying "This site may harm your computer"

Clicking that takes you to instructions on how to issue a false-positive complaint to StopBadware.org... all their advice of which we are following.

However I heard it can take 3 days to 2 weeks to resolve. My client is upset and I want to help them. Does anyone know of rapid methods of resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Liz
lizcamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #2
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Google did an entire post about this recently:
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...tions-for.html

You should be able to check now and figure out what exactly they are flagging. But no, it's still an up to 2 week processing time, to my understanding.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #3
BuckfastMonk
test, test, test, test, test, test, change. test, test, test, test, test, change

BuckfastMonk will become famous soon enough
. . .

I have seen the same issue with a friends website. Same situation - its been at least two and speaking with him this afternoon, still nothing.

Liz, please let me know what happens.
BuckfastMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #4
ankit

ankit is on a distinguished road
Re: "This site may harm your computer" - quickest remedies?

ankitrawat.com/blog/remove-google-search-warning-message/ This site may harm your computer This article will be helpful !!

Last edited by JohnW : 03-13-2008 at 08:18 AM. Reason: removed link
ankit is offline   Reply With Quote