Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2007   #1
webkidsan

webkidsan is on a distinguished road
Google PPA - Pay Per Action

I am in the process of implementing Google PPA (Pay Per Action) for my site any one has any experience with this model with Google?
webkidsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Can you be more specific.

What help document URLs were you given?

Last I heard about it was almost a year ago http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/003988.html

Can you give us more info on what information you were given and if there are specific URLs to Google resources on this?
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Funny I saw this at Google over three months ago but the last couple of days it has been getting a lot of play.

Guess they have announced it publically.... amazing how they always have a few widget launches up their sleeves when bad press is out and potentially impacting stock prices...

Must be a big coincidence.....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Relevancy
Relevancy Brings Results

Relevancy is on a distinguished road
Isn't this just for Adsense publishers and will not be part of google search?

Doesn't it sound bad for adsense publishers if thier clicks only count if an action is taken. Cost Per Action better pay higher commissions.

Does it only work if the advertiser has Google Analytics? How else does google track the actions completion?
Relevancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
vikasamrohi

vikasamrohi is on a distinguished road
Post Its In BETa

I think its in BETA now
vikasamrohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #6
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
There were rumors of it months ago. I think very few AdWords users were testing it. But now Google opened the beta to others and publicly announced it.

It is available for both the advertiser side (to create affiliate like actions) and for the publisher side (to show ads for these advertisers).

Yes, it is a US Beta only now.
Old 03-22-2007   #7
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of
PPC --> PPA

Just yesterday I tried to get into the PPA beta test, but it appears it is currently fully subscribed and I'll need to wait until they open up participation again. I do lead generation, so of course PPA is something I would like to test.
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #8
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
There are about 75 users beta testing the model... people who are offering money for an acquisition... I tried a couple of months ago and could not get into the beta...
Old 03-22-2007   #9
lizcamps
Online Marketing Manager at Yodle.com

lizcamps is on a distinguished road
Google Pay-Per-Action requires an NDA

Hi all,
According to what we've experienced when signing up, if you want to participate in the beta for Google PPA you have to sign and fax an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).

Liz
lizcamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #10
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizcamps
Hi all,
According to what we've experienced when signing up, if you want to participate in the beta for Google PPA you have to sign and fax an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).

Liz
I have a few of those (NDAs) floating around the Google offices.....
Old 03-22-2007   #11
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
The set of features; site exclusion/Demo, Geo Targeting/PPA I believe are going to evolve into a single mechanism that will allow advertisers to get back on level playing field with publishers. Up until now publishers had virtually no responsibility to produce quality traffic, or to truly have content that is relevant to the ads. Now with these types of exclusion/inclusion and performance based models publishers will have to perform or they will not earn money.

Ultimately, the smart publishers will be able to make us advertisers compete for their quality traffic. We will need to raise our min PPA limits to get their traffic. And that is just the way it should be.

I think this is a very wise move for Google. Provide the publishers and advertisers with the tools to identify each other, analyze their individual performance and choose which ones we do business with. It employs the help of the masses to reduce click fraud and junk clicks. This alone builds trust within their client base and perhaps can help them avoid expensive litigation in the future.

With companies like Turn.com, Right Media and others creating legitimate networks based on PPA Google had to respond. Yahoo and MSN I am sure have similar offerings being prepared for beta.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #12
webkidsan

Sorry guys it took me some time to get back to you ... we are still in the process of implementing it ... I am sure by now you know a lot about it. Its not key word based only through content network. The ads are image and text. Its Pay per lead or you can set it up for Pay Per Sale.

Here is the link to the screenshot for the interface ...

Last edited by webkidsan : 03-22-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2007   #13
webkidsan

Just to give you guys an update - we have launched the PPA campaign but just a few products to see how effective it is ... we thought it wouldn't be a good idea to go crazy with all the products at this point ... We are using both text ad and banner ads ... will keep you posted
Old 03-23-2007   #14
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkidsan
Just to give you guys an update - we have launched the PPA campaign but just a few products to see how effective it is ... we thought it wouldn't be a good idea to go crazy with all the products at this point ... We are using both text ad and banner ads ... will keep you posted
definitely keep us in the loop on how things are progressing
Old 03-23-2007   #15
webkidsan

I have posted another screen shot of the setup and it might be helpful for the advertising partners that participate in Adsense ...

Click Here
Old 03-26-2007   #16
sussane

sussane is on a distinguished road
are we allowed to use GOogle PPPA and Adsense on same website ? BTW where can i get the sign up link for Google PPA ?

Best Regards,
Elena Andrews
sussane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #17
searchforce

searchforce is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Google PPA - Pay Per Action

Hello,

I posted some thoughts on the new program:

Google is in beta with a program called pay-per-action for the Google content network. Note that this is not for the Search network.

Essentially, advertisers only pay for actions that are completed on the Google Content network thereby making it a pay per performance model. It can be summarized in three single steps:

* Define an action, such as a lead or a sale, that you would like a user to complete on your site and set the amount that you’re willing to pay whether it’s $5 for a purchase or $1 for a newsletter sign-up. You control your spending by setting a daily budget.
* Set up conversion tracking, so that your completed actions can be tracked.
* Pay only when the sale or the sign up is completed.

What is means for advertisers:

* They don’t have to deal with junk clicks and click fraud from content network websites.
* They can manage their budgets and profitability more finely.

What it means for publishers who supply the content to place the ads on:
They must focus on deep, fresh and relevant content to be able to get quality readers. Since they will no longer be paid for clicks and only on performance, they will have a network of offers to choose from. (Google been the youngest among them)

What it means for the future:
This is nothing new for the industry. For years, companies like Commission Junction (Performance network), Quinstreet (buy leads from agency) and Adteractive (buy leads from agency) have been offering this model. Advertising has come a long way from pay for impressions to pay per click and pay for performance. With a major network like Google, jumping into this should be a cause for celebration for advertisers.

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 03-26-2007 at 10:00 AM. Reason: link drop
searchforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #18
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Just a slight critique searchforce

Quote:
What is means for advertisers:

* They don’t have to deal with junk clicks and click fraud from content network websites.
Yes, this is a huge step in reducing poor quality clicks and perhaps in the strictest sense of the term; click fraud. However, there are plenty of savvy people/companies that know how to defraud affiliate programs.

With that said, we are also very excited about Google jumping into the mix here. Adsense was far to exposed to click fraud, Site targeting to impression fraud, this model should help remedy that situation.

I do wonder though, will publishers be able to opt out of this program just as they can with Site targeting?

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #19
CarrieHill
Oversees: Small Business Marketing Online

CarrieHill is a jewel in the roughCarrieHill is a jewel in the roughCarrieHill is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery

I do wonder though, will publishers be able to opt out of this program just as they can with Site targeting?

Discovery
I'd love to know the answer to this question also.

~Carrie
CarrieHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #20
rustybrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery

Discovery
Yes. Well, there is no way to get Google PPA on your site, as a publisher, without specially copying and pasting it on there.

Again, this is a referral product, not a contextual product.

It is the same as including a Google Pack Button or Firefox Referral Button from the AdSense Referrals section.