Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdSense
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007   #1
Vahid
Banned

Vahid is on a distinguished road
Arrow What is your best Adsense tip?

Hi,

I am always asked "what is your best Adsense tip?". Here is my five best and most important Adsense tips:

- Less internal and external links on the page
- Having the ads with the same background color as the page background
- Having one leaderboard 728 x 90 text ad at the top and one at the bottom of the page
- Having one 300x250 text ad at the middle of the page somewhere among texts
- Well optimized pages with a good title, description, <h1> headline and ... .

Can you add more tips?

Cheers!
Vahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007   #2
radhika
Follow up Autoresponder Pro

radhika is on a distinguished road
More than one ad box on one page is not allowed according to goolge tos.

Well my tip is same background of the webpage.
radhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #3
Vahid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by radhika
More than one ad box on one page is not allowed according to goolge tos.

Well my tip is same background of the webpage.
You can have three text ad units on each page. This is not against Google tos. You could not have more than one when Adsense started working but they changed it to three.

Even if you post more than three Adsense codes to a page it will not make any problem and it is not against Google tos. They just will not work. Google shows the first three ads that become loaded sooner than the others.

Something which is against Google tos is having the Adsense ads from different accounts on the same website. This is not allowed by Google.

Cheers!
Old 02-18-2007   #4
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
Funnily enough, I just posted about this a few days ago, after speaking with a rep:
http://www.ibrian.co.uk/15-02-2007/h...arnings-by-40/

Hope that helps.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #5
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough
...and wasn't this exact thread posted in other forums recently...?
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #6
I, Brian
Whitehat on...Whitehat off...Whitehat on...Whitehat off...

I, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of lightI, Brian is a glorious beacon of light
No idea, but I posted my tips in DigitalPoint, someone there Dugg it - and now ibrian.co.uk is banned from Digg!!

I guess I shouldn't have put the word "SEO"
in my bio.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #7
Vahid
Banned

Arrow What is the solution?

Although these optimizations help but it becomes harder to make money through the contextual ads. It is not because of the companies like Google or Yahoo. It is related to the internet users.

Internet users have learnt to ignore the ads. They have less time and they are more in rush in comparison to the past. They like to find something they look for easy and fast and when they find it they leave your websites without making any other action.

Even in the search engines search result pages, users click on the ads much less than the organic search results. That's why it has become hard to receive quality traffic through PPCs too. Most of the traffic are from the competitors who run the same ad not from the users who look for the product or service you are advertising.

So what do you think? Do you know any solution for these problems?

The solution I have is education the users. They should learn that it is not free to run and promote a website or weblog and they have to make some actions when they come to the websites.

It is against Google TOS if you ask visitors to click on the ads but we can educate them that the ads are not our websites just to push them to spend some money. The ads are on our websites to provide more resources for the users and of course if they click on them, they have supported the webmasters.

Do you agree with this idea?
Old 02-20-2007   #8
eli03

eli03 is on a distinguished road
what i did is page optimization, proper use of h1, h2 tags and the traffic will follow. about the ads, i used 120x600 text only ads (same bg but different border). I have a few links on my homepage to focus the surfer to my ads.
eli03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #9
alpabarot

alpabarot is on a distinguished road
hey

u can also mail me at barot.alpa@gmail.com just so u know I’m not some spam thingy…

<edit>Removed the spam thingy, feel free to email him about his spam thingy</edit>

Last edited by evilgreenmonkey : 02-22-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Spammer
alpabarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #10
radhika
Follow up Autoresponder Pro

radhika is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahid
Although these optimizations help but it becomes harder to make money through the contextual ads. It is not because of the companies like Google or Yahoo. It is related to the internet users.

more resources for the users and of course if they click on them, they have supported the webmasters.

Do you agree with this idea?
The chances of a person clicking a link in an article more than an ad on the same page. (Unless he really sees what he wants in that ad.)

So advertisers optimize the ads and landing pages for best results.
radhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #11
Vahid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by radhika
The chances of a person clicking a link in an article more than an ad on the same page. (Unless he really sees what he wants in that ad.)

So advertisers optimize the ads and landing pages for best results.
Yes, if advertisers optimize their ads and use attractive title and description, they will receive more traffic and publishers will make more money.
Old 02-27-2007   #12
montyauto

montyauto is on a distinguished road
Correct, it should be considered to optimize between content and design.
montyauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #13
nicktan69
Webmaster

nicktan69 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Adsense Tips

Hi,

One of the best performing ads for Adsense would be the 336 x 280 block. However, the performance of this block obviously (among other things) depends on the layout and design of your webpage.

Also, one of the REALLY good tips that has helped me increase CTR by more than 200% would be 'blending'. Try blending your ads into your webpage so that it does not seem like an ad!

Have a nice day!

Last edited by evilgreenmonkey : 03-02-2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Removed signature link - final warning
nicktan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #14
infonote

infonote is on a distinguished road
The best tip I could give is to use section targeting. You will get relevant ads specifically regarding your content or title.
infonote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #15
sussane

sussane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by infonote
The best tip I could give is to use section targeting. You will get relevant ads specifically regarding your content or title.
Thanks for sharing this info, i tried section targetting on my blog. But it wasn't successful. My blog has very low CTR, how do i increase CTR on my blog ???
sussane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #16
Visio
If your not standing for something you will fall for anything

Visio is on a distinguished road
1stsearchenginerankings.com/rotating-google-adsense-color-schemes-reduce-ad-blindness AND 1stsearchenginerankings.com/2006/10/09/how-to-make-money-with-google-adsense-2

The last one took a bit to put together.

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 04-23-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: found these had slipped by last month...removing juicy anchor text links versus deleting comment altogether, for now.
Visio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #17
yilyum28
www.plansitesi.com

yilyum28 is on a distinguished road
Smile

My favourite adsense size is 468x60, because, you can use banner near it.
yilyum28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #18
Vahid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yilyum28
My favourite adsense size is 468x60, because, you can use banner near it.
Yes this size works much better in some positions.

Size Does Matter!
Old 03-30-2007   #19
allsux

allsux can only hope to improve
diversify

it is a lot like the stock market - you have to diversify your portfolio and not rely on any one thing, like adsense alone. with adsense you can't control what's searched for and your ads might not be relevant. with new (improved) programs like auction ads you can pick the search terms.

for example, you could put three auction ads on your page about "dogs" that display current options for "dog collars" "dog houses" and "dog bones" respectively, so it really targets your customers. not only that, but even if the person links from your site to the auction and *buys something else on that site* you STILL get a commission. to see examples, for more info and for a link to sign up you can go to: [EDITED]

next step: find some affiliate marketing. adsense is seductive because it's 'so easy' but there are other really easy ways to earn money through hands-off things (like auction ads and affiliate links) that are potentially more successful - or at least work well in combination with adsense.

Last edited by Marcia : 03-30-2007 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Removed link drop.
allsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #20
urbanread

urbanread is on a distinguished road
Smile Agreed on all the points specially this

"-Having one leaderboard 728 x 90 text ad at the top and one at the bottom of the page."
urbanread is offline   Reply With Quote