Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007   #1
kashifkb

kashifkb is on a distinguished road
Description Tag is replaced with Bottom Links

Hi everyone,

When I enter my URL in Google I get the following result.

For example my website is http*//www.xyz.com

Results

"
http*//www.xyz.com
About Us, Contact Us, Links, Sitemap Copyrights 2007 http*//www.xyz.com All rights reserved."

The above lines took place of the description tag of my home page although there is something different mentioned in the description meta tag.

Please advise how can I get the proper description appearing with my url and why this problem occurred?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Kamil
kashifkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #2
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Is the search phrase you did the search with included in your meta description? If it was just the domain you did the search for, it would be normal for that to show up - including the domain in the copyright line.

The snippet is pulled for text including the search term.

Last edited by Marcia : 02-16-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #3
kashifkb

Description tag missing

Hi there,

I see the the problem when I check it by entering my URL in Google. like

http://www.xyx.com/

Description is not appearing with the keywords yet this issue occurs when I check it by URL not by keywords because currently keyword is still working as my site is new.

Regards
Kamil

Last edited by Marcia : 02-16-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2007   #4
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I see the the problem when I check it by entering my URL in Google
That's why. The snippet text is chosen according to what the person types into the search. Type in www.xyz.com and wherever that text shows up is what the snippet will show - it has nothing to do with the theme of the site or page -it's the search term used.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #5
kashifkb

Follow up with my question

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply. I understand from your reply that when the visitor will type the search term then a proper description will appear with the URL is it true? Secondly, appearing the Home, About us, Contact us, Links, with the url is not a problem, when we see the site by entering the URL in Google?

Additionally, can you tell me please how much time will Google take to show up my website with the particular keywords on which I am working. Currently no keyword is working and my max pages are optimized. Also can you tell me any reliable tool or resource for checking the optimization level of a web page with a particular term.

I will be greatful for your help.
Regards
Kamil