Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2007   #1
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough
SES - NY - April 2007 - the usual - who's in?

I will be attending again.

So, who's going?

I love the NY show - great turnout, good folks and, well, I *heart* NY.

My wife and I will be driving down from Eastern Canada a couple days before the event to enjoy the city, then heading back on Friday after the show. Going to make it a "road-trip-spring-vacation-to-the-city" type thing. Can't wait.

***OK, so 65 people have read the thread and no one from this very targeted audience is htnking of going to this show?

Last edited by sportsguy : 02-09-2007 at 11:01 AM.
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #2
jimhedger

jimhedger will become famous soon enough
Lots of folks are going. Mel and Barry suggest you and I should meet while there.
jimhedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #3
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
I'll be attending SES NY this year, need to find some good restaurants and parties though
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #4
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
I'm there....
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #5
Lyndsay
www.lyndseo.com

Lyndsay is on a distinguished road
I won't be coming to New York. My company is allowing me one SES this year, and I've decided to come to San Jose.

Have fun everyone
Lyndsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #6
awolski

awolski is on a distinguished road
I wish.

My company doesn't see the value of sending their two online marketers to these events.

Gotta love management who doesn't know the landscape of their marketplace.

Time to jump ship? lol
awolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #7
khalidh

khalidh is on a distinguished road
I plan on being there. This is going to be my first ses conference. I am looking forward to it.

Khalid
khalidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #8
ExposureTim
TimDineen

ExposureTim will become famous soon enough
This will be my first in a few years... and with a completely different hat on.

(Note: hat color is still white, but style is different: no longer as an agency consultant)
ExposureTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #9
caugas
Trance/Dance Music makes the world move faster

caugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the rough
I am going, and look forward to networking with many of the posters at SEW.
caugas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #10
DukeURL

DukeURL is on a distinguished road
SES NYC 2007 Party and Events Schedule

Anyone have a guess at this SES convention's Party and Events Schedule? Or, is it too early to tell?

Thanks,

DukeURL
DukeURL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #11
caugas

caugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the roughcaugas is a jewel in the rough
i would like it if everyone from the message board/forum meet up for cocktail one night or dinner...... However I am a newbie to SES so I don't know what to expect.
Old 03-09-2007   #12
DukeURL

DukeURL is on a distinguished road
caugas,

I would agree to that...any other takers?
DukeURL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #13
Matterhorn

Matterhorn is on a distinguished road
I'm Going to My First SES

I booked everything for NY today...

Looking forward to learning and meeting some folks.

See you all there!

Pat-in-WV
Matterhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #14
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by caugas
i would like it if everyone from the message board/forum meet up for cocktail one night
Oh come on... no ones going to comment about this remark? Maybe I've been hanging around in BH forums too much. Must resist

To clarify, Joe usually sticks up a thread detailing parties a week or two before the conference. It will be posted in this section and one of us will make sure it's added to the homepage as a featured thread. Fingers crossed there will be a couple of open door parties, but Joe will be clarifying it all soon.

Rob
Old 03-13-2007   #15
caugas

Ya I know it may have seeme like a logically request, yes everyone can make fun of me, however I really want to meet some of the people from the board. Putting handles, with faces, with thought processes!!!
Old 03-13-2007   #16
jimhedger

jimhedger will become famous soon enough
caugas,

The easiest way to meet folks for a drink on any of the SES NYC nights is to stake a place in one of the two lobby bars. Be warned however, both fill up extremely quickly. Also, if I remember correctly, the larger of the two doesn't open until late afternoon

Otherwise, check back here for Joe's schedule and be sure to sign up for the public parties at the booths of the firms sponsoring them.

A lot of pre-organization goes out the window when you are in the actual conference environment. There is simply so much happening at the same time and so many people to see.

I am trying to get a group of search writers/bloggers together for dinner/drinks the Monday night before the show.
jimhedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #17
BuckfastMonk
test, test, test, test, test, test, change. test, test, test, test, test, change

BuckfastMonk will become famous soon enough
. . .

Enthusiasm caugas thats what I like to see!

I would love to attend one of these. The closest to me Is in london, and even thats quite a stretch.

Worth A visit sometime Rob?
BuckfastMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #18
evilgreenmonkey

Me visiting Ireland or you visiting London? You're more than welcome at any LondonSEO event - there's one next week if Ryanair haven't put the prices up from 1p to 100 quid yet! As for Ireland, I will be visiting this year, although it keeps getting put back. Currently looking at popping over some time in May for a bit of a road trip. Would be mighty fine if a DublinSEO event coincided with the trip
Old 03-13-2007   #19
BuckfastMonk
test, test, test, test, test, test, change. test, test, test, test, test, change

BuckfastMonk will become famous soon enough
. . .

Why thank you Rob - Will def get over some time

Usual story . . .

1p flights to london + 95 taxes

btw, you will have a great time here! Just make sure you eat plenty

discoverireland.com
BuckfastMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #20
caugas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhedger
caugas,

The easiest way to meet folks for a drink on any of the SES NYC nights is to stake a place in one of the two lobby bars. Be warned however, both fill up extremely quickly. Also, if I remember correctly, the larger of the two doesn't open until late afternoon

Otherwise, check back here for Joe's schedule and be sure to sign up for the public parties at the booths of the firms sponsoring them.

A lot of pre-organization goes out the window when you are in the actual my conference environment. There is simply so much happening at the same time and so many people to see.

I am trying to get a group of search writers/bloggers together for dinner/drinks the Monday night before the show.
Jim,

Thanks for the info, I almost feel as if I should get a hat or shirt printed with my SEW handle CAUGAS and maybe people will just come ovrer and say hello, anyhow, I am stoked and will be looking to network.......

I have already attempted to solicte favors from my Google, yahoo, and MSN reps to see if they can possible put me on the inside track lets see if that gets me anywhere