Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC Ads)
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2007   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Where is content, targeting?

It seems like all the content traffic is gone and or NONE of the Geotargeting campaigns are running.

Anyone else have huge geo targeted campaigns that have NO impressions?

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #2
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Discovery, I have one campaign geotargeted to all US states, which seems to be running fine (although I haven't checked it today).

However, I also have a content campaign (content only, no search) that I started right after converting to Panama back in January, and it has 0 impressions. None at all. At the suggestion of a YSM rep, I've set relatively high CPCs on a couple ad groups to see if that triggers the ads, and still nothing.

I've been meaning to contact Y about this again, but haven't had time. Let me know if you find anything out!

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #3
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Thanks Melissa,

Yes, to test out what was going on I pushed the CPC to a crazy high. And still nothing, not even 1 impression. Our other national campaigns are fine, but nothing from content, geo targeted or not.

PS: I know technically it is, but I don't really consider The United States as a Geo Target...

Discovery
Old 02-08-2007   #4
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery
PS: I know technically it is, but I don't really consider The United States as a Geo Target...
Me neither - but if I want to stop the Canadian traffic, I have to use geo-targeting. IMHO, Y made a big mistake by not allowing advertisers to actually target by country. We should be able to set up US-only campaigns like we can on G and MSN. There should be another option besides "US and Canada" and "Geotarget by state/province."

But that's another thread, I guess!

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #5
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Update on this:

Was told by a YSM tech person that we deployed a strategy that was too specific which resulted in no impressions for either content or search.

What did we do?
Created a geo targeted campaign, say Texas
Then created adgroups with texas specific keywords
and of course created appropriate texas landing pages.

Nice juicy texas only traffic? WRONG.
No traffic at all.

YSM recommedation?
Create two campaigns.
1 with generic terms with Geo Targeting to texas on.
1 with Texas specific terms with Geo Targeting off.
This two campaign strategy supposedly will capture all the possible traffic for the targeted state.

Results: So far good traffic - poor conversions - the battle goes on

Discovery