Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2007   #1
covareo

covareo is on a distinguished road
Anyone try wordze.com?

Has anyone tried WordZe (wordze.com)? If so, how do they compare to wordtracker (wordtracker.com) or trellian (keyworddiscovery.com)? Are there other services you are happy with?

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 01-29-2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: removed live links
covareo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #2
BuckfastMonk
test, test, test, test, test, test, change. test, test, test, test, test, change

BuckfastMonk will become famous soon enough
. . .

Havent heard much about it. Just stick with what you know. Theres a reason why most people use one tool you already mentioned
BuckfastMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #3
AdHocDoc

AdHocDoc is on a distinguished road
Wordze.com

I did give this service quite a test run and found that for general Keyword Research it left much to be desired. It does have some nice features like automining Digg info and compiling competitive environment reports but thats about it.
AdHocDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #4
covareo

great feedback - regarding the competitive market data, was it worth the cost? I don't think we'd replace wordtracker, but might look at adding to it with another service should it be worthwhile...
Old 01-29-2007   #5
AdHocDoc

AdHocDoc is on a distinguished road
Worth the cost...

I don't think it was worth the cost at all. The type of competitive data it furnished is readily available; top competitors, back-links, age of domain stuff like that. I can actually give you run-down of exactly what the control panel offers:

Keyword Research Tool: Database is pretty small and the search tool offers a limited refinement/filter utility. Search modes are Exact, Broad and Any. However use of any mode besides exact produces long lists of unrelated terms.

Import Keywords: Import your existing KW lists and use those terms to find additional terms.

Historical Keyword Trends: For the last 6 months. Rarely does this tool return any data.

Dig for keywords: Inspects websites based upon your input KW and returns information like related phrases, frequency, etc.

Expand Dig Keywords: Passes the data from the Dig report through their KW database to find additional phrases and search counts.

Wordrank: Looks at the search results for a given KW and returns link information (including rate of accrual), in title hit, in domain hit and some basic demographics.

Download Top Searches: Download weekly or monthly search activity reports.

FAQ: Gives explanation of the various tools.

Hope this helps
AdHocDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #6
covareo

Tremendous help. Saves me time and the cost of a trial. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2007   #7
BuckfastMonk
test, test, test, test, test, test, change. test, test, test, test, test, change

. . .

If they offer a trial signup and see if it works for you. The important thing is, if you like it, use it. I have seen so much crap out there which is why, in my opinion I just stick with old faithfulls
Old 01-29-2007   #8
l3vi

l3vi is on a distinguished road
There is a video located at wordze.com/videos/KeywordResearch/

That shows how to use the refinement commands that AdHocDoc skipped or did not know about.

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 01-29-2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: remove live link
l3vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #9
komodo9

komodo9 is on a distinguished road
AdHocDoc,

I don't know what keywords you're searching for, but I've had nothing but good experiences with Wordze. I've used WordTracker and KeywordDiscovery, and Wordze is by FAR my favorite. They have a very efficient API (free with any membership), and their results are always very relate for my searches.

And no, I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, and I'm a normal paying customer like everyone else. I just think it's a very good system... definitely worth the money.
komodo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #10
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road
Hmmm two new posters praising it...

I have never heard of it but I would be willing to give it a go
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #11
komodo9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem4u
Hmmm two new posters praising it...

I have never heard of it but I would be willing to give it a go
New poster on SEW, yes, but the information I said remains valid.
harrymaugans.com/2007/01/22/wordze-revolutionizing-keyword-research/

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 01-31-2007 at 12:41 PM. Reason: removed live link
Old 01-31-2007   #12
sem4u
Digital Marketer

sem4u is on a distinguished road
Your site by any chance? With affiliate links to sign up?
sem4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #13
komodo9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem4u
Your site by any chance? With affiliate links to sign up?
Yep, that's my blog. Are those kind of links not allowed on SEW?
Old 01-31-2007   #14
l3vi

This thread is getting some legs I see!

As I see that Wordze does not have many or any users from SEW here are some quotes from other users of the service. Some of them you may know...

"Your results are incredible compared to wordtracker..."
Lee Price, ebasedevolution.com

"I'm giving Wordze a try and so far I'm really impressed. If nothing else it's about a million times faster than the Overture tool and that is extremely helpfull to me."
Brian Knapp, blackbeardseo.com

"...This is a great tool and I'm already getting a lot of use out of it."

"...you''ve done a pretty cool job with this. Lots of excellent research tools. Very nice. I will be staying with you..."
Kenneth Thompson

"You're onto a great thing there. We'll be sure to help spread the word."
Dave Collins, sharewarepromotions.com

"..the whole Wordrank area of Wordze kicks serious ass!"
Scott Reyns

"Note that we already use WordTracker and KeywordDiscovery. We're letting the WordTracker account lapse."
Dave Collins, sharewarepromotions.com

"It's the best keyword service I've tried so far, so keep it up. I especially liked the super fast speed and the huge amount of keywords it generates, and the ability to download the keywords in Excel format as well."
Richard Fredriksson

---

As ryanmcmaster noted. Give it a try and see if it works for you. The tool is being updated almost weekly with new services and options, and we offer a GUI and API that is great for newbies or advanced users for whatever your needs are.

The service is new as we opened back in the end of Nov 06, but it is rapidly growing to be one of the more popular tools available.

Beyond that I am the person that developed the service, and komodo9 is one of my many users that like it a lot as you can see!

Last edited by l3vi : 01-31-2007 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-31-2007   #15
BuckfastMonk

. . .

Quote:
"I'm giving Wordze a try and so far I'm really impressed. If nothing else it's about a million times faster than the Overture tool and that is extremely helpfull to me."

"...This is a great tool and I'm already getting a lot of use out of it."

wow brian really likes this

Seriously though, Im going to give this tool a look.
Old 01-31-2007   #16
BuckfastMonk

. . .

You really need to offer a free trial for this tool. You wont compete effectively without this and I for one, wouldn't even entertain paying for a new tool without at least giving it a test run.

Get brians (and others) testimonial on your home page. Even better, send it to the high fylers in search and let him use it for free for a limited time. for a testimonial of course
Old 01-31-2007   #17
l3vi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcmaster
You really need to offer a free trial for this tool. You wont compete effectively without this and I for one, wouldn't even entertain paying for a new tool without at least giving it a test run.

Get brians (and others) testimonial on your home page. Even better, send it to the high fylers in search and let him use it for free for a limited time. for a testimonial of course
Thanks,

I have been doing some of that.. It has been crazy as so many people have been joining the service, then sending in millions of ideas and wish list.. I'm almost upgrading or adding 3 or more services, 2 times a week with new ideas.

Im getting ready to put out a couple new services, as well as a "free search" and a desktop version that is being developed.
Old 01-31-2007   #18
BuckfastMonk

. . .

Excellent - Please reply to this thread and keep us posted
Old 01-31-2007   #19
komodo9

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3vi
then sending in millions of ideas and wish list.. I'm almost upgrading or adding 3 or more services, 2 times a week with new ideas.
This man speaks the truth, lol.
My ICQ # is 201898593 if anyone has any questions for me (completely unaffiliated and uncompensated).
Old 02-01-2007   #20
krtup

krtup is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up very helpful

I'm new to SEW (and SEO for that matter)...was referred to Wordze by SEOmoz...and while my inexperience may keep anyone from trusting my opinion about Wordze as a tool, I can say that Levi knows how to do great customer service. I emailed back and forth with him several times the first week that I used the tool and he was fast, helpful, and patient. We found a couple of bugs and he fixed them within the hour...I love the fact that you can now download KEI information into excel. Thanks Levi.
krtup is offline   Reply With Quote