Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Other Search Engines & Directories > Open Directory Project
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007   #1
Trumpet

Trumpet is on a distinguished road
DMOZ is back... I think!

no sigsHi. I was just able to submit my website to the DMOZ.org directory! I have been trying for over two months and finally when I clicked on "Suggest URL" today, I actually got a form and was able to submit my listing!!!

Anyone hear the latest on their status?
And, do you think I'll be added... given the common delays in the past?

-Laurie Williams

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 01-15-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #2
directom

directom is on a distinguished road
It's True, It's True

I just submitted a site, too - thank you for the heads up, Laurie! Request to become an editor still looks like it's down, though.
directom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007   #3
rishimodi

rishimodi is on a distinguished road
Yes Dmoz is back. I just submitted 2 of my sites.
rishimodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #4
Kostis Panayotakis

Kostis Panayotakis is on a distinguished road
Any idea on when these submissions will be processed (given that editing is volunteer based) ?
K
Kostis Panayotakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #5
rishimodi

rishimodi is on a distinguished road
I think if would take some time. People have been waiting for DOMZ to comeback and they would have been flooded with the sites.

What doesn't matter is time period, what matters is site should get approved.

Regards
rishimodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #6
Kostis Panayotakis

Kostis Panayotakis is on a distinguished road
<What doesn't matter is time period, what matters is site should get approved.>

For DMOZ it probably matters. However, for other low quality (and PR value) directories it is highly doubted by many whether it matters, nowadays.
K
Kostis Panayotakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #7
pagode

pagode is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostis Panayotakis
Any idea on when these submissions will be processed (given that editing is volunteer based) ?
K
As a DMOZ editor I can answer this question only with: NO.
Even we, the DMOZ editors, have no idea when a specific suggested site will be reviewed. It is influenced by so many aspects that the time between suggestion and review can vary between a few days and a few years.
pagode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #8
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagode
As a DMOZ editor I can answer this question only with: NO.
Even we, the DMOZ editors, have no idea when a specific suggested site will be reviewed. It is influenced by so many aspects that the time between suggestion and review can vary between a few days and a few years.
thanks pagode for discussing this. Could you give some examples of the factors involved in the delay? perhaps too few editors in certain areas, etc...? (just a guess that may be one)
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #9
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Funny I am sure it will still take 3 months to get anything in our niche when you are lucky.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #10
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
I am/was a dmoz editor. I have not logged into edit my categories in a couple years - I can be part of the cause for the delay.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #11
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
I am/was a dmoz editor. I have not logged into edit my categories in a couple years - I can be part of the cause for the delay.
Hopefully you are in charge of the SEO vertical and not one of mine!!!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote