Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > Search Industry Growth & Trends
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2007   #1
Kevin Newcomb

Kevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really nice
The 12 Days of SearchDay

Technically, today is the ninth day of Christmas, so we're still allowed to sing the search-ified version of our favorite carol. Hum along if you know the tune: In the First Week of New Year’s, My SearchDay Gave to Me: 12 speakers speaking, 11 bloggers blogging, 10 scribblers scribbling, and nine Diggers Digging.

In today's SearchDay, Greg Jarboe highlights some people that will be important to the search industry this year. An inherent limitation of these lists is the very small number of speakers, bloggers, scribblers and Diggers that can be included. We realize there are many people and sites in each category that could be added to these lists using different criteria. We invite you to discuss the lists, or add to them here.
Kevin Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Greg did a great job with this one. Lists can be tricky - everyone has different opinions on who should be on them.... seems like we had one like this a couple of years ago - 25 people of search or some such.... anyone go digging?

I agree with the selections as presented... it is a worthy crew who have helped a lot of us this past year and beyond....

Thanks guys and have a great 2007!
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #3
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Newcomb
Technically, today is the ninth day of Christmas, so we're still allowed to sing the search-ified version of our favorite carol. Hum along if you know the tune: In the First Week of New Year’s, My SearchDay Gave to Me: 12 speakers speaking, 11 bloggers blogging, 10 scribblers scribbling, and nine Diggers Digging.

In today's SearchDay, Greg Jarboe highlights some people that will be important to the search industry this year. An inherent limitation of these lists is the very small number of speakers, bloggers, scribblers and Diggers that can be included. We realize there are many people and sites in each category that could be added to these lists using different criteria. We invite you to discuss the lists, or add to them here.
LOL nice first post there mate! Welcome to the boards!!!
Old 01-03-2007   #4
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
yeah Kevin welcome it's nice to see you in here.

I really liked Greg's post too. Funny the meeting of the SEO's/Diggers would be an interesting idea. Unfortunately I think that the Digg creators might not exactly like this though based on their increasingly aggressive stance towards gaming the system for anything that could be considered marketing-slanted. (those ee-vil marketers )

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 01-03-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #5
AussieWebmaster

What about the White Hats and Black Hats? Spammers spamming.... one Google top ranking? Where is the rest of this gem?
Old 01-03-2007   #6
Kevin Newcomb

Kevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really nice
Thanks guys. I'll do my best to make a habit of posting in the forums.

I agree, Greg did a great job coming up with lists that we could justify with some kind of statistics. He'll have two more installments of the "12 days" coming over the next two weeks, if all goes well.

I poked around a bit and couldn't find a "top 25 people in search" article, but I did find this forum discussion you guys had a while back about the three most powerful people in search.
Kevin Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #7
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Part Deux is up

Greg posted the next installment today: In the Second Week of New Year's, My SearchDay Gave to Me

Nice continuation but next time c'mon Greg list SEW forums first.

The funniest one to put to the tune in my head was "Five Goo-oo-gle things." Funny and again a good compilation of some important properties to watch over the next year!
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote