Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC Ads)
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2006   #1
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough
Panama Bid Management Issue

Overall I like the new interface. However, a MAJOR issue for me is the fact that performance data is not provided in the 'set keyword bids' screen. This is a huge deal for me due to how I manage bids. For the most part I make my decision for each bid amount based on the current bid, avg cpc, avg. position, impression, ctr, clicks, conversions, CPA, etc. over a specified period. Yahoo has caught up to Google in the sense that they provide this info and allow you to specify the dates for which you would like to see these stats. This information is given in the ad group details screen. However, when you choose the keywords you would like to edit, this information is not provided when you most need it - on the screen you would like to change the bids on. Notice that on Google, all stats are provided on the bid management screen. With Panama, have to click on each specific keyword on the 'set keyword bids' screen to get these stats... or you could click on each specific keyword in the 'ad group details' screen to change the bid. Either way, this is very inefficient for those of us who have thousands of keywords that we need to manage.

Hopefully, this will be fixed by Yahoo soon. It seems pretty illogical that this was not thought of by anyone at Yahoo as I noticed it within 2 minutes of my first bid management session with Panama. All they would have to do is make the 'set keyword bids' screen have an identical table as the 'ad group details' screen except that the current bid for each keyword should be editable.

On the plus side, I really like the feel of the new interface. Some other positive features: they provide actual number of conversions by keyword/ad group/campaign (why doesn't Google?), the watch list, alert box, import history, the sliding scale for estimated clicks per bid and easily editable reports.
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #2
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Am I looking at the wrong screen? I think it is there...
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #3
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough
If you are at the dashboard -> click on a campaign and your ad groups for that campaign display -> click on an ad group and your keywords in that ad group display with all relevant stats -> check the keywords you want to change bids for and click the 'set keyword bids' button -> this screen has none of the stats of the previous screen, thats what I am talking about. All you see is current bid and a blank space for the new bid to be entered.

If you are only changing one or two bids in each ad group or if you are setting an entire ad group up with the same bid, then the current setup is fine. However, say you have 100 terms in an ad group and most of the bids need to be changed, it would be much easier to make the changes if they provided you with the stats from the ad group screen (where all keywords in the account are listed) on the 'set keyword bids' screen, similar to how Google does.

Your screens are set up the same as mine, right?
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #4
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Yes, I see. Definitely seems like something overlooked. Hopefully an easy fix?
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote